Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Magic2710
    • By Magic2710 4th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Magic2710
    What to do next?
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    What to do next? 4th Oct 17 at 2:46 PM
    My court hearing was today, Iíve called the court to see if the order has been made but theyíve ď not yet updated the filesĒ 🙄
    Itís most definitely likely the Iím now officially BR.
    HMRC are my only creditor, I own my own business which today has been closed.

Do I have to just sit and wait for The OR to get in touch? Can I get in touch with anyone to see how soon -if at all- I can get my Shop open again?

Iíve got staff and suppliers that I canít risk upsetting if itís only going to be a day or two of not trading.
    Would rather keep things quiet on a public front if it doesnít mean the end of my business.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Many thanks x x
Page 1
    • london1973
    • By london1973 4th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    london1973
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    hi, not sure about the implications with regard to your business, this is something you will have to discuss with the OR, technically you can't be a director or act as such but if there are jobs at stake there might be a solution, I would keep it running until you have been contacted, on the basis of the above point re staff and suppliers-

HMRC declared me bankrupt and the first hearing was adjourned, which I only discovered on calling the court, as the judge deemed I hadn't been given enough notice by then, If I had turned up I would have pushed it through as I was desperate to get it over and done with and start counting down the days, took another 2 weeks! keep calling the court for confirmation, they should have it tomorrow

you will probably get a letter in the next 3-4 days calling you in for an interview (face to face always with HMRC bankruptcies I'm afraid), I would call the number on that and discuss your options with the shop
    • Magic2710
    • By Magic2710 4th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Magic2710
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    Thank you, this is most helpful.
    Iím hoping it will be a face to face interview, I prefer actual people 😅

Iíve just managed to get through to the insolvency helpline who have told me just what youíve said.
    Itís awful, Iíve spent all day googling/waiting/being on hold to get a straight answer.

I really hope itís over soon, this has been going on for nearly 10 years 😡😭
    • london1973
    • By london1973 4th Oct 17, 5:26 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    london1973
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:26 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:26 PM
    you'll know pretty soon-then its quite a relief, although oddly dispiriting at the same time, although I must say, it hasn't been that bad at all, or even noticeable to be honest, just had a quiet year!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,378Posts Today

7,275Users online

Martin's Twitter