Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 4th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 893Posts
    • 164Thanks
    ceewash
    music disappeared
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    music disappeared 4th Oct 17 at 2:43 PM
    Can anyone help? All my music has disappeared from Itunes, apart from 3 albums. I guess this happened as a result of cancelling Apple Music's free offer. Or it could be due to recent update. i don't know. Lifetime of music gone. can anyone help me get it back, please.

Please not these are not albums downloaded from Apple Music ,but all my albums. Think they must still be somewhere.
    Last edited by ceewash; 04-10-2017 at 2:50 PM.
Page 1
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 4th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 4,965 Thanks
    another casualty
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    Have you got any backups on your computer?
    Have you got an external hard drive ?
    Or are you only talking about the iPhone / iPad ?

I haven't updated my phone or iPad just yet . Trying to hold out, in case of bugs etc
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 4th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    I am talking about my laptop which is an apple macbook air. I don't know where to find any music backups on laptop. Thought they were safe in Itunes.Think it's to do with APPLE music judging from other comments I've read.
    • Phil&Michelle
    • By Phil&Michelle 4th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Phil&Michelle
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    Don't get me started on Apple Music :-/

Got the same problem, had hundreds of purchased albums and signed up for apple music which I love but I have had albums with purchased tracks that disappear or the tracks have changed to a different version. I had Club Tropicana by Wham (I know, guilty pleasure) which has changed to some Latino version in a foreign language. Why?

If you backed your phone up to a computer then click on the finder to search for files and folders and find the music folder. there should be a folder called itunes and it's usually in there.

Hope you get it sorted.
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 5th Oct 17, 12:18 AM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:18 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:18 AM
    I have some music files but not all. Parts of albums have appeared, even many that I transferred from cds can't be found anywhere.
    • almillar
    • By almillar 5th Oct 17, 1:44 PM
    • 7,118 Posts
    • 2,862 Thanks
    almillar
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:44 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:44 PM
    Using finder instead of iTunes, look in (I might be rusty here) Macintosh HD - Users - <Your username> - Music - Itunes - iTunes Media - Music and in here you should see loads of folders with artist's names. Inside that should be folders with album names, and inside that should be tracks. Is all your music still in fact here, and just not in the iTunes library? If so, you can just 'Add to Library' in iTunes, otherwise ITunes keeps library backups if you want to look into restoring one, I've never had to...
    • googler
    • By googler 5th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 14,472 Posts
    • 9,347 Thanks
    googler
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    Similar problem, and solution I think, here -

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=206318
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 5th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    Using finder instead of iTunes, look in (I might be rusty here) Macintosh HD - Users - <Your username> - Music - Itunes - iTunes Media - Music and in here you should see loads of folders with artist's names. Inside that should be folders with album names, and inside that should be tracks. Is all your music still in fact here, and just not in the iTunes library? If so, you can just 'Add to Library' in iTunes, otherwise ITunes keeps library backups if you want to look into restoring one, I've never had to...
    Originally posted by almillar
    Thanks I found these folders but there are tracks missing and albums missing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,062Posts Today

6,815Users online

Martin's Twitter