Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ccalvo23
    • By ccalvo23 4th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ccalvo23
    Ticketmaster refuse refund
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    Ticketmaster refuse refund 4th Oct 17 at 2:28 PM
    Hi guys,

Hope someone can help.

A few weeks ago I purchased tickets on ticketmaster for an event that takes place this weekend. Although it was my credit card used they were purchased for my partner. I chose the option of standard post.

With four working days left until the event the tickets had not arrived. I contacted ticketmaster to locate their whereabouts. Later that day AND AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS and tweets Ticketmaster responded saying the tickets hadn't been printed and would need to be collected at the box office.

Immediately I knew this would be an issue. I chose 'standard post' as although it was a more expensive option, under 'box office collection' it clearly stated 'letters of authorisation will not be accepted, cardholder must be present'.

I informed ticketmaster that I specifically selected post as I will not be in town and need my credit card on my person at that time. They offered to transfer the purchase to my partners card. He doesn't have the required funds.

Ticketmaster have said without my being present or my partner transferring the purchase, he will be refused entry and I will NOT BE REFUNDED. They refer to their terms and conditions: 'we reserve the right to make tickets available for collection by you at the box office'.

Leaving aside their tardiness in not contacting me making me aware of the change. Surely this is altering the terms of the contract. I specified 'to be posted'. They have changed the terms, and thus I have the right to refuse those terms? Or am I bound by their unfair terms?

Last edited by ccalvo23; 04-10-2017 at 2:35 PM.
Page 2
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 9th Oct 17, 10:10 AM
    • 644 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    cono1717
    I realise this is a little after the fact since the event was to take place last weekend however, oddly enough I had a similar issue, bought tickets as a gift for someone and they didn't arrive - normally not an issue as I can just go pick them up and then give them the tickets but this time I was abroad during the event.

The event itself was for Impractical Jokers in the Manchester Arena, now ticketmaster had suggested the letter of authentication and told me to search for their template online, the template page lists the arenas that will accept it and Manchester was not on there.

I told ticketmaster about this and they emailed the promoter directly who then confirmed they would in fact accept the letter and send me email confirmation. Obviously this makes no mention to your rights e.t.c I'll leave that to the people above but for anyone else who may come across this in the future, it is worth just giving them a call and seeing if there is anything they can do they do seem quite good at trying to get you into the event rather than just saying "Oh well sorry better luck next time".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

195Posts Today

1,577Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin