Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barmcakebird
    • By barmcakebird 4th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 2Thanks
    barmcakebird
    CCA Request Letter
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    CCA Request Letter 4th Oct 17 at 2:04 PM
    Hello

I have sent off a few letters to the likes of 1st credit, Lowell and Cabot.

Lowell have answered and said the account is on hold whilst they locate the information (this was in August so I think they wont be able to come up with it)

Others have not replied.

I have now sent two letters asking for the CCA documents, please can you point me in the direction of the letter I should send after this and advise what I may expect in terms of a 'this matter is closed' letter hopefully.

These accounts were defaulted long ago and no longer on the credit file. They were serviced through StepChange, but would like to either F & F them or see if I can get them remedied through the CCA process.

All accounts are with DCA some of whom have previously contacted us regarding massive discounts to settle, so I think they wont have a CCA.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 4th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 12,221 Posts
    • 11,665 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    There isn’t one to be honest.

The debts are unenforceable until they do respond, or if they start a court claim, it’s a full defense.

Not a lot else you can do really.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,818Posts Today

10,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin