Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eyesol8
    • By eyesol8 4th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    eyesol8
    MSE logo advertised on HouseNetwork.co.uk?
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    MSE logo advertised on HouseNetwork.co.uk? 4th Oct 17 at 1:54 PM
    Hi,

My parents have been looking at the possibility of using an Online Estate Agent to sell their house. In my research I noticed the Money Saving Expert logo on the front page of Housenetwork.co.uk.

I was very pleased and came quickly to search for whatever recommendation or information exists about them here.

My search only pulled up a thread where a forum user refers to the website .. which isn't the same as MSE endorsing them.

So just wanted to check if I've missed something or if they are falsely advertising an association with MSE.com...?

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    • 13,622 Posts
    • 14,075 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    They don't say they're endorsed. They say 'as seen here' and then a bunch of logos.

Seems ok.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 4th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    All it says is "As seen here". It does not mention or infer that MSE recommend them.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 4th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 9,624 Posts
    • 12,136 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    MSE/Martin Lewis usually responds quickly to these if you tweet (if you have twitter). No idea myself, sorry...
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies; cowhide rug; Windsor luxury break, foundation; Flybe flight
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 4th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    • 5,252 Posts
    • 4,891 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    It would be OK to say something like 'As mentioned on moneysavingexpert.com' (if that's true).

But, in general, a logo will have copyright protection, and might also be a registered trademark.

So another website should have permission from the copyright owner (or trademark owner) before displaying a logo on their site.

Dunno if housenetwork have MSE's permission.
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 4th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 4,355 Thanks
    00ec25
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    this forum is neither read nor moderated by paid employees of MSE

if you have a "concern" that relates to MSE itself, then you need to report it direct to the paid staff,

probably best to email it direct to them via the contact us info at the very top of the board, or by hitting the "report" button on each post
    Last edited by 00ec25; 04-10-2017 at 2:41 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,569Posts Today

7,596Users online

Martin's Twitter