Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 53
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 5,608 Posts
    • 5,061 Thanks
    badger09
    That's brilliant folks .... thank you all for the effort of replying to me ...... and for pointing out me missing the "SELECT" account option ....sounds perfect!

I'm going to dive in and see if I get one.

Originally posted by Bobblehat
    Great

Well ... the application went through OK ..... got to wait and see, as no instant account opening for me!
    Originally posted by Bobblehat
    Mine went instantly but I've been asked to upload photo ID which either they or I am struggling with. I'm waiting for acceptance/rejection of my second upload attempt made yesterday 17.21.

Just an aside, HSBC (and First Direct) are known to be particularly choosy about who they accept as customers. Don't let that put you off others though

PS @ Bobblehat
    This discussion is probably better kept to Natwest £125 offer thread
    Last edited by badger09; 12-01-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added PS
    • robdogg11
    • By robdogg11 12th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    robdogg11
    I switched on the 8th November. No email but funds appeared today (12th) It says it was paid yesterday but I checked last night and it wasn't there. Either way its in and i can stop worrying about it now.
    • Longley09
    • By Longley09 12th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Longley09
    I'm sure I've made a mess of this but could someone confirm please?

I made the first £1k payment about a week after the switch to CB occurred. I then made the second payment of £1k towards the end of the 31 days after the first £1k transfer (but unfortunately more than 62 days after the actual switch to CB).

Am I right in thinking that the second £1k payment should have been made within 62 days of the switch and not within 31 days of the second £1k payment.
    2015 MFW #19, 2015 overpayment target: £4,559.83 from revised target of £3,600 (@ 2 December 2015).
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 12th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    Mchambers

I made the first £1k payment about a week after the switch to CB occurred. I then made the second payment of £1k towards the end of the 31 days after the first £1k transfer (but unfortunately more than 62 days after the actual switch to CB).

Am I right in thinking that the second £1k payment should have been made within 62 days of the switch and not within 31 days of the second £1k payment.
    Originally posted by Longley09
    Phone them and ask.
    • Longley09
    • By Longley09 12th Jan 18, 2:06 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Longley09
    Phone them and ask.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Cheers, will do later. Had to go back to work so was hoping for a quick response without having to be on hold for a while when I was supposed to be working!
    2015 MFW #19, 2015 overpayment target: £4,559.83 from revised target of £3,600 (@ 2 December 2015).
    • harz99
    • By harz99 12th Jan 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 2,496 Thanks
    harz99
    Switch date 10.11, two YB emails received today at 1617, one payment of £250 so far, looking good.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 12th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 536 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    Switched on 10th November. £250 just gone in.
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 12th Jan 18, 5:12 PM
    • 371 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    Just got my £250 woohoo.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 12th Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    • 2,517 Posts
    • 1,880 Thanks
    Candyapple
    Switched on 10th November. £250 just gone in.
    Originally posted by binaryuniverse
    Ditto. Nice smooth process.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • 18cc
    • By 18cc 12th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    18cc
    Just got email - £250 within 7 days.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 12th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1,543 Posts
    • 573 Thanks
    soulsaver

Originally posted by Longley09
    You need to check your maths or your post. Or it's a wind up: 1 wk after switch = 7days + 31 days later = 38 days. And will qualify if correct.
    • 33q
    • By 33q 13th Jan 18, 1:21 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    33q
    Our two emails arrived yesterday.....I thank them for their donation.
    • zwanzig20
    • By zwanzig20 14th Jan 18, 11:00 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zwanzig20
    Opened account on 6th November and the 250 smackeroonies arrived on Tuesday 9th Jan :-)
    • diceydeb
    • By diceydeb 14th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    diceydeb
    Yep. Switched on 10th Nov . Got email yesterday and money in today
    • harz99
    • By harz99 15th Jan 18, 1:04 PM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 2,496 Thanks
    harz99
    Switch date 10.11, two YB emails received today at 1617, one payment of £250 so far, looking good.
    Originally posted by harz99

The second £250 payment hadn't been made by 1200, so I rang and an agent confirmed criteria met and will turn up by day 70.

Lo and behold within minutes of that call, the second £250 popped up in the account! I wonder if theirs some button the agents press or a link in the account to pay after someone calls...
    • wolfy the husky
    • By wolfy the husky 15th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wolfy the husky
    not happy
    I switched accounts to Yorkshire Bank around 26/10/17. When I opened the account I was given the details of my account, which turned out to be a deposit account. I transferred 1000 straight away into this account and then transferred it several days later when I got the internet banking details. I then transferred another 1000 33 days later.

I am now being told by YB that I don't qualify for the 250 as I transferred 1000 from one account to the other. I had rang YB about making payments (which I couldn't do immediately) and asked if the fact I needed to transfer the funds from one account to the other would cause a problem. I was reassured that this wouldn't be a problem. If they told me it was i would have transferred another 1000.

Needless to say i am not to happy with YB and feel like they are looking for any excuse not to pay out. The banking ombudsman will be getting a letter off me though.
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 15th Jan 18, 1:51 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Where did you transfer the £1000 from into the account? Did you pay two separate direct debits out from the account in the first 62 days?
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 15th Jan 18, 2:07 PM
    • 1,543 Posts
    • 573 Thanks
    soulsaver
    I switched accounts to Yorkshire Bank around 26/10/17. When I opened the account I was given the details of my account, which turned out to be a deposit account. I transferred 1000 straight away into this account and then transferred it several days later when I got the internet banking details. I then transferred another 1000 33 days later.

I am now being told by YB that I don't qualify for the 250 as I transferred 1000 from one account to the other. I had rang YB about making payments (which I couldn't do immediately) and asked if the fact I needed to transfer the funds from one account to the other would cause a problem. I was reassured that this wouldn't be a problem. If they told me it was i would have transferred another 1000.

Needless to say i am not to happy with YB and feel like they are looking for any excuse not to pay out. The banking ombudsman will be getting a letter off me though.
    Originally posted by wolfy the husky
    From the terms:

5: Credit your account with a total of at least £1,000 within the 31 days following the completion of the switch and a further £1,000 in total in the following 31 days. Certain credits like cheques take more time to clear and funds must be cleared during each period to qualify. This excludes any internal transfers from any CYB accounts (held either in your sole name or jointly with someone else).

http://www.ybonline.co.uk/resources/e6ff10a6-1b40-4e44-82bb-c58130a1a538/149904_250_Cashback_DU250TCS.pdf
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 15th Jan 18, 6:29 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    SuperHan
    Wahhh, I just want to whinge that I don't have mine yet

I switched on the 8th November and can't see where I would have gone wrong (other than I only transferred £1,000 exactly in first 30 days and it was in 3 separate payments, but that seems to be fine per T&Cs).

They've technically got until Wednesday to pay, so I'll keep waiting and checking.

I'd ring for the peace of mind, but it's my husband's account (I did the last YB switch), and he hates ringing up so is refusing to do so. I'll have to make him do it if it's not in by Wednesday as I genuinely don't know what I've done wrong!
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 15th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 2,023 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    SuperHan
    Wahhh, I just want to whinge that I don't have mine yet

I switched on the 8th November and can't see where I would have gone wrong (other than I only transferred £1,000 exactly in first 30 days and it was in 3 separate payments, but that seems to be fine per T&Cs).

They've technically got until Wednesday to pay, so I'll keep waiting and checking.

I'd ring for the peace of mind, but it's my husband's account (I did the last YB switch), and he hates ringing up so is refusing to do so. I'll have to make him do it if it's not in by Wednesday as I genuinely don't know what I've done wrong!
    Originally posted by SuperHan

Ach, figured it out.

The Tesco DD have set up with the same ref, so the same DD is taking payment twice a month.

I didn't notice as it was coming out twice, and I have only just found where to check the DD list in the app.

Oh well, at least the Natwest one will give the money I was expecting for that!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

2,642Users online

Martin's Twitter