Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 50
    • schiff
    • By schiff 10th Jan 18, 3:44 PM
    • 17,583 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    schiff
    Well I spoke to a very helpful person at Yorkshire but it turns out that, since my water company cancelled my direct debit without telling me after the first payment went out, I now won't be getting the £250.

So that was a waste of time but hopefully they will do a similar offer in the future and I'll try again. Time to switch to HSBC to try and get the £150.
    Originally posted by jaxkesa
    You could think of telling the water company what happened and what it cost you. An explanation of why they cancelled the DD having accepted it once already is the crux.
    • aah
    • By aah 10th Jan 18, 3:46 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    aah
    they are uttlerly hopeless, a similar thing happened to me. I had to make a complaint. But i got my £250
    • aah
    • By aah 10th Jan 18, 3:47 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    aah
    Check with the water company - it is possible that B refused to pay it - this is what happened to me
    • schiff
    • By schiff 10th Jan 18, 3:49 PM
    • 17,583 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    schiff
    Email this morning
    £250 hits the account this morning
    £250 transferred out
    Switched to HSBC for another £150 + £50
    Originally posted by central
    I remember wincing at Martin's attitude some time ago when highlighting a new credit card. Take it out, buy a banana, get the reward and cancel the card. That is possibly more ruthless than anything else he has said.

While I'm sure the proposed action above will go OK, it still seems a bit 'not nice'. We expect a fair attitude from banks etc. Maybe I'm too soft, not that that has got in the way of getting most rewards along the way!
    • jaxkesa
    • By jaxkesa 10th Jan 18, 4:18 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    jaxkesa
    You could think of telling the water company what happened and what it cost you. An explanation of why they cancelled the DD having accepted it once already is the crux.
    Originally posted by schiff
    I thought about it but it seems a waste of time as they are already consistently voted the worst water company in the country so they are not likely to do anything about it.

they are uttlerly hopeless, a similar thing happened to me. I had to make a complaint. But i got my £250
    Originally posted by aah
    Did you complain to Yorkshire? The lady I spoke said she would see if they could override it but later phoned back to say that still refuse to pay out
    • schiff
    • By schiff 10th Jan 18, 4:29 PM
    • 17,583 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    schiff
    I thought about it but it seems a waste of time as they are already consistently voted the worst water company in the country so they are not likely to do anything about it.
    Originally posted by jaxkesa
    What have you got to lose? With respect you're too philosophical about it, £250 is a lot of pennies!
    • KTF
    • By KTF 10th Jan 18, 4:41 PM
    • 4,562 Posts
    • 1,874 Thanks
    KTF
    My switch was on the 8th and the £250 is in my account now. It wasnt there this morning and I have not received an email.

Easiest £250 in a while.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 10th Jan 18, 6:06 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 1,094 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    No email for me but I just got a high balance alert text that the money's there (switch on 8/11). Yippee
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 10th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2,107 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    20aday
    Also switched on November 8 but nothing in my account as yet.

Hadn't turned on alerts for higher balances but have done so now and will chase them up next week if there's been no joy.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • andi2
    • By andi2 10th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 641 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    andi2
    I switched 7/11 - email & money yesterday.

Hubby switched 8/11 - nothing yet.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 10th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2,432 Posts
    • 1,018 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    Also switched on November 8 but nothing in my account as yet.

Hadn't turned on alerts for higher balances but have done so now and will chase them up next week if there's been no joy.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Same here nothing for me yet and I switched on 8november too. Just checked in case following the prior posters post about getting it but no email.
    MFW # 105

2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / Overpaid £3583.12
    2018 Target £2500 / OP so far £215.26 as at January
    • financialbliss
    • By financialbliss 10th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,867 Posts
    • 8,356 Thanks
    financialbliss
    @20aday - I also switched on 8th Nov and nothing yet. Already have a high balance alert on though.

@Everyone else - what happens to the related 'B' savings account when you switch away. Not that I'm pondering another switch....
    Mortgage and debt free. Building up savings...
    • drob4
    • By drob4 10th Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    drob4
    Another 8/11 switcher here. No payment yet, but terms give them another week.
    • pmatt
    • By pmatt 10th Jan 18, 8:02 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pmatt
    Infinite joy!

Just checked and the £250 is in.

No e-mail to warn me it was coming.

Suspiciously I wrote them a “where’s my money e-mail yesterday” (via the website) and my money appeared today.

Woot.
    • Elvie100
    • By Elvie100 10th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Elvie100
    I switched on 7/11. £250 credited today, but no email ��
    • The weedie
    • By The weedie 10th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    The weedie
    I still have a week or so to go. Haven't received any emails as of yet. Glad I don't have to use the account as the very low sending limit makes the account almost useless!
    • meer53
    • By meer53 10th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 9,042 Posts
    • 13,141 Thanks
    meer53
    I still have a week or so to go. Haven't received any emails as of yet. Glad I don't have to use the account as the very low sending limit makes the account almost useless!
    Originally posted by The weedie
    I've used the app to send a £1000 payment ?
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 10th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    I've used the app to send a £1000 payment ?
    Originally posted by meer53
    Yes, the app works well and I use it all the time to make payments etc with no limits affecting them.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • jayII
    • By jayII 10th Jan 18, 8:54 PM
    • 39,977 Posts
    • 106,773 Thanks
    jayII
    OH and I have received our incentives.

Originally posted by The weedie
    It should only be low at weekends, I can't remember the exact figures but the limit is much higher Mon-Fri. I also ordered the security keys which allow you to send several grand at once.
    Total unsecured debt paid off/stoozed in 2018: (£881+33+500)= £1414/£12490.
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread #1 2018: 0/8lbs

• youngretired
    • By youngretired 10th Jan 18, 9:10 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    youngretired
    Switch dates were the 8th November for my mum and dad. My mum with Clydesdale and has received her £250 today, my dad with Yorkshire but he hasn't received his £250 yet. The people that haven't received their incentives yet are you with Clydesdale or Yorkshire?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

570Posts Today

5,407Users online

Martin's Twitter