Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 31Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 45
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 2nd Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,787 Thanks
    MABLE
    I also phoned them today and was advised should be paid by 13 January. Also my switch was completed on the 6 November 2017.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 2nd Jan 18, 6:32 PM
    • 576 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Nice and easy. I now need to get my next victim
    • zwanzig20
    • By zwanzig20 3rd Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zwanzig20
    DD disappeared....
    Hi all,

Switched in November and just discovered that my TOTO Energy ( thatís another story) DD was cancelled shortly after my bank account switch. It had paid out the first DD from new account and was then cancelled - no idea how or by who.

Bit annoying.
    • Pablo2010
    • By Pablo2010 3rd Jan 18, 3:13 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pablo2010
    Bonus paid
    My switch was complete on Oct 25 and bonus hit my account today, exactly after 70 days.
    • originator
    • By originator 3rd Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 374 Thanks
    originator
    My son switched on 23rd Oct and received the bonus today day 72.
    mortgage free 3/10/12
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 4th Jan 18, 9:58 AM
    • 102 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    Need to wait until 25th January!
    • CGG
    • By CGG 4th Jan 18, 4:57 PM
    • 718 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    CGG
    Yippee!

£250 incentive money has reached my account this afternoon!

Switch date was 1.11.17.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 5th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    20aday
    Yippee!

£250 incentive money has reached my account this afternoon!

Switch date was 1.11.17.
    Originally posted by CGG
    I switched on November 8th so hopefully mine will appear next week.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • ikatsi
    • By ikatsi 5th Jan 18, 12:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ikatsi
    I did call B bank yesterday to ask whether I've ticked all the boxes (I know I have) as discussed above, but I was told they do not do this any longer. I did say other people have done this in the past in order to get an oral confirmation from them, but they said they have been instructed not to do this any longer. Weird... They also mentioned I should receive an e-mail a couple of days before I receive the incentive, but I don't remember anyone else mentioning this here?
    • KTF
    • By KTF 5th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 1,874 Thanks
    KTF
    I imagine they are fed up with people calling to ask if they will get it or not.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 5th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 1,787 Thanks
    MABLE
    I did call B bank yesterday to ask whether I've ticked all the boxes (I know I have) as discussed above, but I was told they do not do this any longer. I did say other people have done this in the past in order to get an oral confirmation from them, but they said they have been instructed not to do this any longer. Weird... They also mentioned I should receive an e-mail a couple of days before I receive the incentive, but I don't remember anyone else mentioning this here?
    Originally posted by ikatsi
    I phoned the 0800 number a few days ago and the advisor Lee was more than happy to advise me I had met the criteria and the payment will be within 70 days from switch date.

BTW my switch was completed on the 6 November.
    Last edited by MABLE; 05-01-2018 at 1:26 PM.
    • ikatsi
    • By ikatsi 5th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ikatsi
    Thanks, MABLE. My switch date was on Nov 15th. I'll try to call again just in case I talk to someone else ;-)
    • ikatsi
    • By ikatsi 5th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ikatsi
    I just called back and was told I'd ticked the boxes and the payment should be made between the 1st and 31st (!) of January. That's quite a window, but it's free money so I won't complain
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 5th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 4,037 Posts
    • 38,273 Thanks
    Katiehound
    They also mentioned I should receive an e-mail a couple of days before I receive the incentive, but I don't remember anyone else mentioning this here?
    I imagine that this is just because they have had so many phone calls!- saves a lot of time issuing bog standard e-mails instead of answering umpteen individual phone calls!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling .... Entrant 8 ... 470 More
    • R34GTT
    • By R34GTT 5th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 239 Thanks
    R34GTT
    Just got my £250, switch date was 03/11/17.
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 5th Jan 18, 5:23 PM
    • 373 Posts
    • 343 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Based on the general timescale of when people here are getting the money, mine should be in around about the 11th January. Will keep you posted.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • johnac
    • By johnac 5th Jan 18, 7:18 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    johnac
    I had an e-mail this afternoon to say Iíd get the £250 in the next 7 working days. My switch happened 2nd November.
    • Northern Mum
    • By Northern Mum 5th Jan 18, 8:06 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    Northern Mum
    My switch date was 3/11. I got my email this afternoon...just checked my account and my £250 has already been credited
    • DPDRC90
    • By DPDRC90 5th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    DPDRC90
    65 days after switching and just now both me and my better half got our £250.

Monday morning will involve a switch to Nationwide for one of us and a refer a friend for another £100 each
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 5th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 29,668 Posts
    • 17,626 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    65 days after switching and just now both me and my better half got our £250.

Monday morning will involve a switch to Nationwide for one of us and a refer a friend for another £100 each
    Originally posted by DPDRC90
    If there are two of you there's £200 each to be had there...unless one of you has already received an incentive previously?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,136Posts Today

8,325Users online

Martin's Twitter