Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 40
    • schiff
    • By schiff 5th Dec 17, 2:02 PM
    • 17,746 Posts
    • 9,086 Thanks
    schiff
    I'm finding this odd. Made three attempts to cancel a standing order, logging out then in between the last two, and none of them has worked, it's still there.

Do they need overnight? A SO I cancelled with BoS, also today, was instantaneous.
    Originally posted by schiff
    Still there but showing as cancelled today
    • lala9
    • By lala9 6th Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 660 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    lala9
    Just an update on my old account still being open..... I called old account folk and they had received an instruction to close the account via the switch service, but had overlooked it, so it was still open....lucky I called them or I could have missed out on the 250. Word of warning to you all, ensure your old account is closed. Mine is now.

• Bluefire
    • By Bluefire 6th Dec 17, 3:21 PM
    • 576 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    Bluefire
    Just filled the last of the requirements for the £250 today (switched on November 2nd) so I guess it's a waiting game now!
    Mortgage: £28,896.49 £549.33
    MF Date:
    November 2041 December 2017
    MFW 2015 #110: £13,867/£13,000 (100%)
    MFW 2016 #110: £2380/£2308 (100%)
    • Mee
    • By Mee 6th Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mee
    Ditto
    Still there but showing as cancelled today
    I've had the same problem for some weeks now as mentioned (#667)
    • p2pcashback
    • By p2pcashback 8th Dec 17, 8:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    p2pcashback
    Out of interest has anyone received the £250 bonus at present?
    I was just curious if the bonus was paid shortly after crediting the 2nd £1000 or 62 days after the switch was completed.
    Last edited by p2pcashback; 08-12-2017 at 8:28 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    • schiff
    • By schiff 8th Dec 17, 9:11 AM
    • 17,746 Posts
    • 9,086 Thanks
    schiff
    Out of interest has anyone received the £250 bonus at present?
    I was just curious if the bonus was paid shortly after crediting the 2nd £1000 or 62 days after the switch was completed.
    Originally posted by p2pcashback
    Time has to pass before the £250 is paid, 70 days in fact.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 8th Dec 17, 9:17 AM
    • 805 Posts
    • 1,080 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    Time has to pass before the £250 is paid, 70 days in fact.
    Time may have to pass before the £250 is paid, no-one actually knows yet.

We will credit £250 to your account with us within 70 calendar days of your account switch being completed, provided you meet all of the qualifying criteria detailed in these terms and conditions, within this period.
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 8th Dec 17, 10:04 AM
    • 327 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    I think at the very least your second set of direct debit payments will have to go through before you get the payment, so if the first are on day 1 and the second on day 31, then effectively it would be a minimum of 31 days after the switch. It would also depend on when you make your qualifying transfers in as well, so if that is done on day 45 then you won't get your payment until after that. So yes, it could be up to 70 days after the switch or it could be earlier and it probably depends on when the qualifying events happen.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 8th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 37,997 Thanks
    Katiehound
    It will be worth waiting for!
    Completed 2 x DDs out and £1k in (and out again a few days later.) Half the conditions fulfilled so far ......
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • About-time
    • By About-time 8th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    About-time
    There's no requirement for the £1K to stay in the account is there? It can go in and out the day after can't it?
    • Nicholas
    • By Nicholas 8th Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    Nicholas
    I think at the very least your second set of direct debit payments will have to go through before you get the payment, so if the first are on day 1 and the second on day 31, then effectively it would be a minimum of 31 days after the switch. It would also depend on when you make your qualifying transfers in as well, so if that is done on day 45 then you won't get your payment until after that. So yes, it could be up to 70 days after the switch or it could be earlier and it probably depends on when the qualifying events happen.
    Originally posted by tempus_fugit
    Where did you get the idea that the direct debits have to pay out monthly?
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 8th Dec 17, 10:09 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    There's no requirement for the £1K to stay in the account is there? It can go in and out the day after can't it?
    Originally posted by About-time
    Yes, that's correct.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 8th Dec 17, 10:15 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Where did you get the idea that the direct debits have to pay out monthly?
    Originally posted by Nicholas
    OK, so I got it the wrong way round. The d/ds have to paid within 62 days, and the £1,000 has to be paid in in the first 31 days and again in the second 31 days. So, my point re the timescale still stands, i.e. the earliest you can satisfy the rules is after 31 days from the switch,. I didn't "get the idea", it was just a simple mix-up.
    Last edited by tempus_fugit; 08-12-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    • Nicholas
    • By Nicholas 9th Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    Nicholas
    OK, so I got it the wrong way round. The d/ds have to paid within 62 days, and the £1,000 has to be paid in in the first 31 days and again in the second 31 days. So, my point re the timescale still stands, i.e. the earliest you can satisfy the rules is after 31 days from the switch,. I didn't "get the idea", it was just a simple mix-up.
    Originally posted by tempus_fugit
    This wasn't a dig at you. I thought you genuinely thought that the direct debit payments had to be paid monthly and I was waiting to see if you were going to point out where it said this.

There is a lot riding on this, and if you had been correct with your earlier comment, it could have saved a lot of disappointed peeps from not getting their payment.

So, chill out . I wasn't having a dig, but I am not a mind-reader and all I can go by is what you have posted.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 10th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3,347 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    MABLE
    The two direct debits have now been taken. Also the switch was completed on the 6 November and I paid £1,000 into the account on the 8 November and have today paid in a further £1,000. Hopefully I have now met the criteria.

Also will now draw on the money to pay bills from that account.
    • central
    • By central 12th Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    central
    Yes just got to wait now - a prize for first?
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 12th Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    • 1,489 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    soulsaver
    The two direct debits have now been taken. Also the switch was completed on the 6 November and I paid £1,000 into the account on the 8 November and have today paid in a further £1,000. Hopefully I have now met the criteria.

Also will now draw on the money to pay bills from that account.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    FTAOD: Two DDs... need to be taken... & not cancelled.

And there was no requirement to leave the £1k in there... unless someone knows better?
    Last edited by soulsaver; Yesterday at 4:48 PM. Reason: 'twice' removed; 'not cancelled' added
    • vienly
    • By vienly 12th Dec 17, 11:30 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    vienly
    why does the DD need to be taken twice? I didn't see that in the T&C

Last edited by vienly; Yesterday at 11:33 AM.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 12th Dec 17, 11:33 AM
    • 475 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    FTAOD: Two DDs... need to be taken... twice.
    Originally posted by soulsaver

2 DDs only need to be taken once in those 62 days after switch. I see no requirement for them to be taken twice.
    • pmatt
    • By pmatt 12th Dec 17, 12:12 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pmatt
    Switch completed and account closed: check.

Two direct debits set up and paid out: check.

Two lots of £1,000 paid in, 31 days apart: check.

Just waiting for the £250 now
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

1,811Users online

Martin's Twitter