Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 39
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 28th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Just have to say this is in my opinion a terrible account, the limit of £1000 payments a day is ridiculous, as soon as I have my £250 I will switch elsewhere, is HSBC the current favourite?
    Originally posted by central
    That one is no longer available. Top is currently TSB at £130 or First Direct at £125.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • Wilt
    • By Wilt 28th Nov 17, 8:32 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Wilt
    There is a limit on transferring out of £1,000 per day, £500 per transaction. This can removed by using either a security token ( you can request one ) or, if you have the B account I think you can get round it by using the app, although I'm not 100% sure of that.
    Originally posted by tempus_fugit
    Ah right, yes that's correct, I haven't hit a £1000 limit using the B app.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 28th Nov 17, 10:27 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 37,998 Thanks
    Katiehound
    The problem appears to be if you move manually- if you set up a SO then £1k should go automatically - I say should because my payment isn't due to leave - yet.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • harz99
    • By harz99 29th Nov 17, 7:43 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    harz99
    The problem appears to be if you move manually- if you set up a SO then £1k should go automatically - I say should because my payment isn't due to leave - yet.
    Originally posted by Katiehound

Same here, I'll find out on Friday I guess.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 1st Dec 17, 10:45 PM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    harz99
    Originally posted by Katiehound

Our SOs all moved okay today with no issues.
    • The Boss
    • By The Boss 2nd Dec 17, 9:09 AM
    • 5,697 Posts
    • 3,771 Thanks
    The Boss
    Just seen that a direct debit confirmed as set up didnt go through.

Initially, my M&S card account showed the direct debit as having been taken two days ago (30/11). Having seen that no money has left my B account for this as of today I went back in and saw that another entry was added on the 30th saying "unpaid direct debit".

I was paid on the 28th and had more than enough in my account on the 30th. I take it I'm covered under either the direct debit guarantee or switch guarantee?
    • Just-Jack
    • By Just-Jack 2nd Dec 17, 10:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Just-Jack
    Why was all the debate on the branch availability an issue?
    youandb.co.uk/studiob/our-stores-birmingham
    Originally posted by The MoneySavingKid
    It was impossible to verify the website was correct because most people at the contact centre advised the exact opposite or couldnít say either way. For myself, I didnít fancy the trip to Birmingham only to be told someone forgot to update the website.
    • diceydeb
    • By diceydeb 2nd Dec 17, 7:48 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    diceydeb
    I'm still getting reminder emails about the £250 switch bonus but my friend who switched about a week after me is not . Does this mean she's not eligible for the bonus cash?
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 2nd Dec 17, 10:56 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Is it more than a week since you received your reminder email? It may be that they send them out a certain time period after the account was switched. Other than that, I've no idea.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • Mee
    • By Mee 3rd Dec 17, 3:33 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mee
    Decided to set up my own
    Which have gone through.
    Wondering whether my credit card one will...
    • lala9
    • By lala9 4th Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 660 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    lala9
    Everything seems to be going well so far with the switch a few dds have gone through and two lots of 1k have gone in. Just a little concerned that my old bank account remains open and one of the stipulations within the terms and conditions is that you have to give/do an account closure instruction.

Who does this? Is it part of the switch process or do we do this ourselves? Worried I will be caught out by this and it is something I should do within the timeframe.

• badger09
    • By badger09 4th Dec 17, 10:58 AM
    • 5,573 Posts
    • 4,879 Thanks
    badger09
    Everything seems to be going well so far with the switch a few dds have gone through and two lots of 1k have gone in. Just a little concerned that my old bank account remains open and one of the stipulations within the terms and conditions is that you have to give/do an account closure instruction.

Who does this? Is it part of the switch process or do we do this ourselves? Worried I will be caught out by this and it is something I should do within the timeframe.
    Originally posted by lala9
    What is your switch date?

Don't do anything with your old switched account. Using the CASS will automatically close it.

However, my experience has been that sometimes the old account still appears online until very late on the switch day or even early the next
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • clivep
    • By clivep 4th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    clivep

The switch process should have closed your old a/c. Did the balance on the old account get transferred on the switch completion date?
    • lala9
    • By lala9 4th Dec 17, 12:16 PM
    • 660 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    lala9
    Switch date 6th November - balance did get transferred together with dds ect

• tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 4th Dec 17, 6:34 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    My switch date was 9th November and the old account was closed within a couple of days - it was very quick.
    • schiff
    • By schiff 4th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 17,746 Posts
    • 9,086 Thanks
    schiff
    Yorkshire Bank
    I'm finding this odd. Made three attempts to cancel a standing order, logging out then in between the last two, and none of them has worked, it's still there.

Do they need overnight? A SO I cancelled with BoS, also today, was instantaneous.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 5th Dec 17, 9:22 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    harz99
    I'm finding this odd. Made three attempts to cancel a standing order, logging out then in between the last two, and none of them has worked, it's still there.

Do they need overnight? A SO I cancelled with BoS, also today, was instantaneous.
    Originally posted by schiff

That happened with me, in fact its still in my list but no date or anything in the "actions" column so I'm hoping that come the 13th nothing will go out.

Everything YB do seems to be clunky, slow and overcomplicated compared to the likes of Santander/Nationwide/BOS and so on.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 5th Dec 17, 9:29 AM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    harz99

Ring your old bank and say you applied for a full switch to whowever, and ask whether the old account is still live, if the answer is yes, ask why, but don't ask them to close the old account.

If it turns out the old bank has not received instructions to close as part of the switch ring YB and get them to progress the closure.
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 5th Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    Regards the two depoists of £1000 that need to be made with in the first 31 day and then again with in 31 days.

Salary just paid so that the first £1000 taken care of,if i transfer £1000 out of my B account and then back in would that satisfy the 2 x £1000.
    If my appalling spelling offends you that much...dont read my posts.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 5th Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 1,489 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Regards the two depoists of £1000 that need to be made with in the first 31 day and then again with in 31 days.

Salary just paid so that the first £1000 taken care of,if i transfer £1000 out of my B account and then back in would that satisfy the 2 x £1000.
    Originally posted by Samsung_Note2
    Yes.. and FTAOD it's £1k in the first 31 days after switch completes (asc)and another £1k in the second 31 days asc.
    Check & make sure your DDs got ported over from the switch, too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter