Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bronvahl
    • By Bronvahl 4th Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Bronvahl
    Was the summer Sky deal a Scam?
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:13 PM
    Was the summer Sky deal a Scam? 4th Oct 17 at 1:13 PM
    I saw the £65 Sky deal on MSE and recommended it to friends, two of them have come back to me saying they feel scammed.

The first was charged £30 installation despite have a line (previously provided by Plusnet), the offer said a new line charge would be £19.99 but they surely should not have been charged anyway. Despite this they were connected quite quickly and even decided to upsell to SkyTV, this went horribly wrong and they were not given the channel package promised, this took 3 hours of calls to resolve.

The second person was also charged £30, but again promised a prompt delivery of service, well that deal has been an absolute nightmare, here we are at the beginning of October, three promised visits, 3 days off work waiting for engineer, 3 failures to provide service.

In between all kinds of promises, but they have lost complete faith, they have also had to take out mobile broadband to cover themselves because their child needs Internet for study and they do for work and study.

Is there any recourse for the second person, the cost of services, days off work etc has cost them hundreds of pounds to take out a so called £65 offer and they are still unconnected?

I do not think I will be recommending Sky deals to friends in future.
    Last edited by Bronvahl; 04-10-2017 at 1:16 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,592Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin