Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • David1313
    • By David1313 4th Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 2Thanks
    David1313
    Bangor Flagship Parking
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    Bangor Flagship Parking 4th Oct 17 at 12:58 PM
    The Flagship Shopping Centre in Bangor County Down has been closing down for the last 3 years. Only one store ( Poundland ) survives. For the past 3 years the multi storey carpark attached has offered free parking. Without any announcement parking fees were recently re-introduced by a private company and fines have been flowing to thousands of unaware drivers.
    At £60 a "fine" the parking company is making more money from the fines than the shopping centre itself.
    The council is powerless to do anything and drivers are being fined 4,5,6 times each at £60, my 92 year old father amongst them.
    This disgraceful behaviour is being met with a boycott of the centre in the hope the shops discontinue their affiliation with the parking company but it is feared the venture capital company that has bought the entire shopping mall also owns the carpark.
    Locals ripped off by unscrupulous private parking companies.
    Last edited by David1313; 04-10-2017 at 1:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    • 16,097 Posts
    • 20,152 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    the "fines" will be going to the KEEPERS of the vehicles, not the drivers

and being in N.I. , POFA2012 does not count , so keepers are not liable

but well done for people organising such a boycott

the recipients should know that they can just IGNORE said pcn`s
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    Are there any newspaper articles about this situation?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Pamck
    • By Pamck 5th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pamck
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    I have just received a fine. After parking almost once a week for years. Hadn't noticed any change at all to car park. Was very surprised things had changed. Didn't notice any signs. P
    • Pamck
    • By Pamck 5th Oct 17, 9:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pamck
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:52 PM
    Parking Fine
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:52 PM
    I have just received one of these fines. Should I just ignore it? P
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 40,418 Posts
    • 80,734 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    I have just received a fine. After parking almost once a week for years. Hadn't noticed any change at all to car park. Was very surprised things had changed. Didn't notice any signs. P
    Originally posted by Pamck
    If it's a fine then you need to go to pepipoo.com, not hijack someone else's thread.

If it's a private parking charge you need to start your own thread after reading the NEWBIES, not hijack someone else's thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,931Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin