Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cardiffcityfc1
    • By cardiffcityfc1 4th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cardiffcityfc1
    0 WOW
    Budget Airline Prices - Do I stick or twist
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Budget Airline Prices - Do I stick or twist 4th Oct 17 at 12:56 PM
    Hi guys, looking at flights from UK to Alicante/Murcia next August.

Already booked the villa for 2 weeks. No flexibility with arriving/departing earlier in villa so have to fly on specific dates (unless of course i try to get a cheap Air BnB to tie us over etc)

This is my dilemma....checked out Easyjet (and every other airline) summer 2018 on flight day and every day since but not finding them to be that great a deal for my selected routes...average £220+ - I was able to get them for approx £150-£180 last year.

I feel a bit tight paying close to £80 more knowing I had them cheaper last year.

Question 1 - Do i bite the bullet or....hold on, keep on checking prices and then book as soon as they drop below a certain figure (which is £180). i.e is it possible that 'flash sales' might happen over the next few months.

Last year.... I booked my flights in January....Using the tools on Momondo told that approx 60-90 days before might get the best deals but is this leaving it too fine.

I'm fairly flexible on where I fly from, live in South Wales but would fly from Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Bournemouth, London, East Midlands so more possibilities.
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 4th Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    • 18,340 Posts
    • 7,588 Thanks
    richardw
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    Did you check Vueling from Cardiff?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • cardiffcityfc1
    • By cardiffcityfc1 4th Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cardiffcityfc1
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:30 PM
    Yes checked them out also....coming in approx £280 :-(
    • cardiffcityfc1
    • By cardiffcityfc1 27th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cardiffcityfc1
    • 27th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    • 27th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    Intentional bump....sorry!

Could any MSE users advise if they are aware of budget airlines having flash sales throughout the year.

Trying to work out if current prices for August 2018 flights are likely to come down or should I just purchase a seat now.
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 27th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 27th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 27th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    The Crystal balls sale doesn't take place until the day after your flight
    • richardw
    • By richardw 27th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    • 18,340 Posts
    • 7,588 Thanks
    richardw
    • 27th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    • 27th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    Have you checked BA's LEI flights from LHR?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 27th Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 1,203 Posts
    • 885 Thanks
    Westin
    • 27th Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 27th Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    It's a difficult call.

Could the prices come down? - possibly. Will they increase? - possibly.

Airlines do, from time to time, have sales but it is difficult to plan around them. Possible some might have a flash sale around Black Friday and that weekend. No guarantee however that your peak season flights would be included though.

With Monarch out of the picture and Norwegian pulling back on short haul next year on routes they currently share and compete on with EasyJet, fares may well go up. Less competition. I suspect many airlines are looking to yield prices upwards. This might account for those prices you are seeing at the moment.

I might be tempted to wait for that Black Friday period (24-26 Nov) and see if a deal can be found then. You have departure airport flexibility on your side which is a positive.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 27th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    • 4,906 Posts
    • 3,910 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 27th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    • 27th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    don't keep checking the more you check the more they will go up,
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 27th Oct 17, 6:56 PM
    • 4,944 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 27th Oct 17, 6:56 PM
    • 27th Oct 17, 6:56 PM
    No one can tell you if the prices will drop unfortunately
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,567Users online

Martin's Twitter