Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frankc
    • By Frankc 4th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Frankc
    Car recovery etc after accident.
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    Car recovery etc after accident. 4th Oct 17 at 11:44 AM
    I joined GEM breakdown service last year. Great service and value for money, and no I do not work for them.

Part of the service they offered was if you had an accident you could call the breakdown service and they would handle everything. Recovery of car. Dealing with insurance company. Repairs. Car hire. Legal stuff. I thought this was a great thing to have.

Unfortunately they stopped providing it on my renewal this year. You can no longer buy this service from them.

So here is my question. Is there a company in the UK that will provide all the items mentioned above? I will obviously have to pay for it but I simply cannot find a company that will do this. Does anyone know of a company that will provide it? I hope I never need it but it would be handy to have.

Thanks!
Page 1
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 5th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 1,018 Posts
    • 415 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    That sounds more like a claims management company.
    • Tiexen
    • By Tiexen 5th Oct 17, 6:28 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    Tiexen
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:28 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:28 PM
    I joined GEM breakdown service last year. Great service and value for money, and no I do not work for them.

Part of the service they offered was if you had an accident you could call the breakdown service and they would handle everything. Recovery of car. Dealing with insurance company. Repairs. Car hire. Legal stuff. I thought this was a great thing to have.

Unfortunately they stopped providing it on my renewal this year. You can no longer buy this service from them.

So here is my question. Is there a company in the UK that will provide all the items mentioned above? I will obviously have to pay for it but I simply cannot find a company that will do this. Does anyone know of a company that will provide it? I hope I never need it but it would be handy to have.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Frankc

Your insurance company should do this
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 26,241 Posts
    • 10,478 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 7th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    Maybe they found that billing the insurance companies 10x the normal price for a recovery didnt pay?

I think all the breakdown companies will do the same. An accident is not a breakdown so they will just bill your insurance for the costs.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 7th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 337 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    Aren't you supposed to call your insurance company if your car needs to be recovered after an accident?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,902Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter