Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Handful
    • By Handful 4th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Handful
    oil boiler replacement
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    oil boiler replacement 4th Oct 17 at 11:43 AM
    my ancient oil boiler is now beyond repair and I'm off the gas grid so need a new oil boiler. Does anyone know of any scrappage schemes? Although I'm a pensioner, I don't qualify for any grants but can't imagine there isn't some financial incentive to replace an old boiler for an energy efficient one.
Page 1
    • DaftyDuck
    • By DaftyDuck 9th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 3,754 Posts
    • 7,575 Thanks
    DaftyDuck
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    There was one such scheme doing the rounds of the inserts in our local free newspaper. Tread carefully, as the scrappage price was way above what my local installer is charging me, so was pretty much a con.

Not aware of any reputable scheme, though. Sorry.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Oct 17, 8:53 AM
    • 23,352 Posts
    • 88,975 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 15th Oct 17, 8:53 AM
    • 15th Oct 17, 8:53 AM
    .... can't imagine there isn't some financial incentive to replace an old boiler for an energy efficient one.
    Originally posted by Handful
    Yes, there's a financial incentive; the new one will get more energy from the same amount of oil, while smarter controls will reduce running costs still further.

We did it two years ago and appreciate the difference it made.
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

644Posts Today

6,130Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin