Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andrea2528
    • By Andrea2528 4th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 218Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Andrea2528
    Advice required on self-employment and the New Enterprise Allowance
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    Advice required on self-employment and the New Enterprise Allowance 4th Oct 17 at 11:43 AM
    Hi,

I would like some advice regarding the New Enterprise Allowance as a way of getting off the Jobseekers Allowance. How much is the allowance and is it worthwhile going onto something like this?

I've been thinking that I'd like to start an online business, although I'm stuck for any ideas about niches, at the moment. I have social anxiety, which is the reason that I am on benefits in the first place.

Thanks
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 4th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 15,120 Posts
    • 21,459 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    Hi,

I would like some advice regarding the New Enterprise Allowance as a way of getting off the Jobseekers Allowance. How much is the allowance and is it worthwhile going onto something like this?...
    Originally posted by Andrea2528
    See here
    https://www.gov.uk/new-enterprise-allowance
    • RebTech
    • By RebTech 10th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    RebTech
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    I'm only just learning about the NEA myself but I've a fair bit of experience of business startups and self-employment. The biggest initial hurdle, by far, is to find a good business idea, one that has the potential to generate more than a trivial income. As with previous EA schemes, it's a condition of getting it that your business idea is viable, ie that a professional business adviser thinks it has a good chance of succeeding. If you can come up with what looks like a good idea to you, by all means go for it, but expect to be asked some quite difficult questions, and in particular, to have to write a good business plan. Help is widely available though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,294Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin