Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gumboots
    • By gumboots 4th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 75Posts
    • 33Thanks
    gumboots
    Eye test prescription change
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    Eye test prescription change 4th Oct 17 at 11:23 AM
    Hello,
    I have been a varifocal wearer for a number of years, and after the initial adjustment period have been quite happy with them. However, my latest prescription glasses , almost a week old are not settling in and leaving me feeling disorientated, slightly dizzy and almost nauseous at times, particularly with close work and viewing distance changes.

My left eye prescription axis has changed by what appears a considerable amount in two years after several successive tests of negligible change.

I was hoping that a MSE member might be able to comment on whether it is unusually changed, I have an appointment on Friday with a likely retest but with the same optician.

Right Eye Sph Cyl Axis ADD
    Old +1.00 -0.75 75 2.00
    New +1.50 -0.75 80 2.25

Left eye
    Old +1.25 ---- ---- 2.00
    New +1.50 -0.25 75

Sorry if it's a bit long winded but wanted to give the full picture.

David
Page 1
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 6th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 6,260 Posts
    • 11,263 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    Your left eye axis hasn't changed from 0 to 75, the axis is just the angle that the cyl figure is glazed at, as you didn't have a cyl in that eye before you didn't need an axis.

It's unlikely that adding a cyl of 0.25 is causing the problems you're describing. If someone asked me to problem solve your issue I would start by looking at your frame choice, is your new frame drastically deeper or more shallow than your old frame? If it's not that it could be the heights (where the distance part of the lens starts to fade into the near part).

From a prescription POV the only thing I can spot is your right eye near RX has increased by 0.75 in the sphere which could take a bit of getting used to.

The only way to know is to take them back to the optician who made them
    and ask for the whole dispense to be rechecked.
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,815Posts Today

7,903Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin