Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sizeate
    • By sizeate 4th Oct 17, 11:22 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sizeate
    porting out of 3 & back in again...help plz
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:22 AM
    porting out of 3 & back in again...help plz 4th Oct 17 at 11:22 AM
    I have my PAC code & intend porting my number to giffgaff PAYG, then porting back into 3 on a new contract deal.

Does anyone know how long I have to keep with giffgaff before I can move back to 3?

Also will 3 let me port back? Is there a time limit I have to be away from them before I can go back?

Desperate not to lose my number.

Thanks in advance
    Lorraine
Page 1
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 4th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 618 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    Do you really need to port out and back? I have changed to cheaper SIM only with Three recently and didn’t do anything more complex than phone their sales people and ask.
    • sizeate
    • By sizeate 4th Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sizeate
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    I want a new contract deal.

As an upgrade with 3 it is £10 a month more than with a reseller.

Reseller are unable to upgrade from my old 3 contract & keep my number.

3 wont offer me a better deal or offer of new contract rather than upgrade.
    • MurkySurfy
    • By MurkySurfy 4th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    MurkySurfy
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    You just have to have an activated sim which require a £10 topup minimum. There is no time limit.

You should be able to request a PAC code immediately after activation. You have around 30 days to use the PAC code after requesting otherwise it will expire and nothing will change.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/PAC-How-can-I-get-mine-to-transfer-my-number/ta-p/3489773

You should be able to port from 3 to giffgaff and back to 3 just fine. Just make sure the number transfer is fully complete before doing another transfer again.

https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Number_Port
    • escapee
    • By escapee 4th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    escapee
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    I'm thinking of doing this also and noticed that iD Mobile have a cheap 30 day rolling contract (sim only) offer of 1gb data, 500mins and 5000 texts for £5.

If you go through Quidco or Topcashback you will get £5 cashback so they're effectively giving you one month free mobile phone allowance. iD also use the Three (4G) network

Shortly after porting your number to iD you can request a new PAC code from iD and within 30 days, switch back to Three as a new customer. It's a bit long winded but at least it's not costing you anything either!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,566Posts Today

9,283Users online

Martin's Twitter