Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • helen clare
    • By helen clare 4th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    helen clare
    Landlord insurance advice please
    • #1
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    Landlord insurance advice please 4th Oct 17 at 11:10 AM
    Calling all landlords!
    I am trying to put some landlord insurance in place. I let a one bedroom basement flat in a four storey converted Edwardian terraced house which is already covered for buildings insurance by the free-holder (although we, the flat owners, pay for it).
    I want to put in place some further insurance for property liability and loss of rent.
    I just contacted Towergate for some explanations regarding different terms used on their website but the advisor I spoke to was deeply confused regarding the current buildings insurance policy despite a specific claim on their website that they can do landlord insurance without buildings.
    She also said that the current buildings insurance policy could invalidate one of theirs if it covered the white goods in the kitchen (?). It doesn't incidentally.
    Did I simply get unlucky? Is there anyone else out there in the same situation? Could anyone recommend an insurer who you can give me a suitable policy?
    Many thanks HC.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,356Users online

Martin's Twitter