Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eugene0
    • By Eugene0 4th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eugene0
    Reforward (remail) envelope FROM UK - Where?
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    Reforward (remail) envelope FROM UK - Where? 4th Oct 17 at 10:54 AM
    Guys,

A question.

I asked UK Royal Mail about international forwarding service outside of UK but still inside EU (destination) and their service for this is so expensive that I cannot afford it.

Found few remail websites such as forward2me dot com but those websites won't work either. Their drop address is too well known, used by too many people. I am looking for more unique address to where could I get envelope delivered and get it internationally reforwarded to foreign country.

Didn't find anything on CraigList but found very few (e.g. 1 or max 2) such providers on Fiverr, however they charge too much also.

If I ask directly ups/gls/dpd/fedex/dhl they all tell me that someone must get the envelope delivered first before he/she reforward it. However I have major trouble finding this ''someone''.

Is there any alternative to this?
Page 3
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 6th Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 1,034 Posts
    • 3,182 Thanks
    bazzyb
    bazzyb: content of envelope is irrelevant here.
    I completely disagree. The fact that you will not say what the contents are on what is, essentially, an anonymous forum will make people naturally assume that you are trying to take part in some fraud, money laundering, or other illegal activity. As such, I feel it will be extremely difficult for you to find anyone who would go out of their way to help you find a solution.

As others have already stated, it is very difficult to understand why somebody would legitimately need to use such a service.
    • AlexMac
    • By AlexMac 6th Oct 17, 8:54 AM
    • 1,915 Posts
    • 1,678 Thanks
    AlexMac
    What a fascinating thread; all the more so because it has sustained through #40 posts!

Appropos of nothing, it reminded me of a trial I sat through a couple of years ago as a juror; the accused denied point blank that they knew anything about a consignment of drugs which were delivered to their flat as an "accommodation address". He or she was just the donkey.

(Yes, I know about the rules on contempt of court and the omerta of the jury room; which is why I don't identify the court, the outcome, the donkey, the donkey's gender, the drugs, their origin, or the address...)

Good luck finding your donkey!
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 6th Oct 17, 9:13 AM
    • 36,047 Posts
    • 151,579 Thanks
    silvercar
    AdrianC: noone pays me anything but this doesn't mean i couldn't make profit from it. I didn't lie to anyone but yes, as you said, I will honestly say that i don't want them to know I am not from UK.

bazzyb: content of envelope is irrelevant here. If I am able to find service provider for delivery+reship then he/she will provide the service regardless if X or Y content. I may agree, due to security reasons, that he/she opens and checks everything before reshipping to make sure its legal but in this case I don't have any protection on my side. He/she may refuse to reship for any reason or could simply take the content of envelope for himself/herself and never communicate with me anymore. This way its not safe for me. Although the truth is that in reality i could never really ''prevent'' service provider from opening it.
    Originally posted by Eugene0
    I found you a solution. It is used by many people that need a legitimate address and actually is a legitimate address. There is clearly more to this than you are prepared to reveal.
    • rtho782
    • By rtho782 6th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 1,006 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    rtho782
    The issue is that, even as a someone in the UK, I can't get mail delivered to an address I walk past and then collect it.

The address I got the letter delivered to would either return it to sender as unknown at this address, or I would have to break the law and try to pilfer it from their mailbox.
    Deposit Saved since 01/12/15: £13,000 / £15,000 House Bought!

Debt Cleared since 01/12/15: £6,000 / £7,500
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 6th Oct 17, 9:23 AM
    • 2,853 Posts
    • 6,424 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    bazzyb: content of envelope is irrelevant here.

I must remember to tell the nice postmistress this next time I'm sending a thick envelope full of engineering drawings I'm sending.

Has anyone called wind up merchant yet? If not then can I ?
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 6th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 8,128 Posts
    • 27,174 Thanks
    fairy lights
    • Alderbank
    • By Alderbank 6th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Alderbank
    The issue is that, even as a someone in the UK, I can't get mail delivered to an address I walk past and then collect it.

The address I got the letter delivered to would either return it to sender as unknown at this address, or I would have to break the law and try to pilfer it from their mailbox.
    Originally posted by rtho782
    Mailboxes!
    There is a cultural difference here between the UK and US. OP does not know the UK and appears to believe that we have the same mailboxes by the front gate that are common in the USA. If that were the case and your daily walk to the station took you past a house you knew to be empty you would indeed be able to sneak a peek inside the mailbox. However I have never seen a single example of a US-type open mailbox anywhere in the UK, so the OP's crafty plan seems to be impossible.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 6th Oct 17, 11:17 AM
    • 32,480 Posts
    • 27,234 Thanks
    custardy
    Mailboxes!
    There is a cultural difference here between the UK and US. OP does not know the UK and appears to believe that we have the same mailboxes by the front gate that are common in the USA. If that were the case and your daily walk to the station took you past a house you knew to be empty you would indeed be able to sneak a peek inside the mailbox. However I have never seen a single example of a US-type open mailbox anywhere in the UK, so the OP's crafty plan seems to be impossible.
    Originally posted by Alderbank
    They do exist,though not common
    • rtho782
    • By rtho782 6th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 1,006 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    rtho782
    Mailboxes!
    That's a good point, although surely taking things from those mailboxes is illegal in the US?

I was picturing picking a house I walk past daily and trying to reach into their letter box with some form of hook to retrieve said letter, then explaining to the police that I was just collecting mail for a friend that I had gotten delivered to a strangers house!
    Deposit Saved since 01/12/15: £13,000 / £15,000 House Bought!

Debt Cleared since 01/12/15: £6,000 / £7,500
    • Alderbank
    • By Alderbank 6th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Alderbank
    rtho782, the hook you describe is widely used by car thieves to steal car keys so the police will have no doubt what you are up to.

You are overthinking this. If you wish to help the OP, say you know a property where you have access to mail on your daily walk and give him your own address. Simples!
    • chappers
    • By chappers 6th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2,673 Posts
    • 1,514 Thanks
    chappers
    Ok you've convinced me you're legit. I'll do it
    • x-caitlin-x
    • By x-caitlin-x 6th Oct 17, 3:03 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    x-caitlin-x
    AdrianC: noone pays me anything but this doesn't mean i couldn't make profit from it. I didn't lie to anyone but yes, as you said, I will honestly say that i don't want them to know I am not from UK.

bazzyb: content of envelope is irrelevant here. If I am able to find service provider for delivery+reship then he/she will provide the service regardless if X or Y content. I may agree, due to security reasons, that he/she opens and checks everything before reshipping to make sure its legal but in this case I don't have any protection on my side. He/she may refuse to reship for any reason or could simply take the content of envelope for himself/herself and never communicate with me anymore. This way its not safe for me. Although the truth is that in reality i could never really ''prevent'' service provider from opening it.
    Are you expecting someone of here to offer their services? That's what you seem to be after, and it's very unlikely that it's going to happen. You've been told about a legitimate service that does what you claim to need it to do, but you're still looking for an alternative. Everything about this seems dodgy, and no-one on this forum is going to give you an address that they walk past every day and offer to collect your post from it; not even for a fee. You'll have to find another way to get your envelope from this service provider.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 6th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 4,670 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    Hi there, I go past this building regularly, would you like to send your stuff here and I'll pick it up?

https://governmentbuildings.co.uk/properties/view/100686
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 6th Oct 17, 4:06 PM
    • 3,737 Posts
    • 2,755 Thanks
    sheramber
    If Royal Mail is too expensive how much os the 'small' fee you are willing to pay?

What about the cost of sending the envelope onto your address.Forwarding is not free. The sender would have to pay postage to forward it on.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 7th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 14,812 Posts
    • 126,504 Thanks
    zagubov
    Mailboxes!
    You see them in areas with lots of US expats, for example around Weybridge.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 7th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 2,415 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Ok you've convinced me you're legit. I'll do it
    Originally posted by chappers
    Yup, me too.

OP, have it mailed to:

NSY, Victoria Embankment, Westminster, London, SW1A 2JL

It will be safely received there.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,550Posts Today

8,795Users online

Martin's Twitter