Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eugene0
    • By Eugene0 4th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eugene0
    Reforward (remail) envelope FROM UK - Where?
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    Reforward (remail) envelope FROM UK - Where? 4th Oct 17 at 10:54 AM
    Guys,

A question.

I asked UK Royal Mail about international forwarding service outside of UK but still inside EU (destination) and their service for this is so expensive that I cannot afford it.

Found few remail websites such as forward2me dot com but those websites won't work either. Their drop address is too well known, used by too many people. I am looking for more unique address to where could I get envelope delivered and get it internationally reforwarded to foreign country.

Didn't find anything on CraigList but found very few (e.g. 1 or max 2) such providers on Fiverr, however they charge too much also.

If I ask directly ups/gls/dpd/fedex/dhl they all tell me that someone must get the envelope delivered first before he/she reforward it. However I have major trouble finding this ''someone''.

Is there any alternative to this?
Page 2
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 5th Oct 17, 9:14 AM
    • 36,190 Posts
    • 152,925 Thanks
    silvercar
    Found one service:

http://ukpostaladdress.co.uk/

It was initially set up for people who lived on a holiday park to legitimately receive mail and has grown from there.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 5th Oct 17, 9:23 AM
    • 6,253 Posts
    • 6,032 Thanks
    davidmcn
    myus.com is set up to do exactly what you require in America, so I'm surprised there isn't something similar here.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    I think the OP has found several suitable options, just doesn't fancy paying for them.
    • Eugene0
    • By Eugene0 5th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eugene0
    From your posts, it sounds like you want to give an organisation the impression that you are resident in the UK, when you're not.
    Originally posted by eddddy
    Yes I admit this is correct but still saying that it has nothing to do with fraud. The envelope and its content is not a subject to be bought/paid. So it doesn't involve any banking card transaction (purchase) or wire transaction (bank transfer).

I think the OP has found several suitable options, just doesn't fancy paying for them.
    Originally posted by davidmcn
    I am willing to pay a small fee but the problem is that those websites advertising this are too much well known. Everyone is using them. I need more private and unique address where individual person would have daily ''walk by'' access to it and would be willing to provide this service for a small ( ! ) fee. I am just asking for such service providers, something similar what you find if you go to fiverr, type in the search bar the following quoted text without the quotes:

''I will provide you with a UK mail''

and click on listing that is offered by user whos username is ''chloe2012'' (no need to register).

Anyone knows ANY British person who does such service?
    • aneary
    • By aneary 5th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 800 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    aneary
    You are expecting someone to carry out this service which could be illegal for a small fee. Unlikely.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 5th Oct 17, 9:49 AM
    • 15,693 Posts
    • 14,006 Thanks
    AdrianC
    I am willing to pay a small fee but the problem is that those websites advertising this are too much well known. Everyone is using them.
    Originally posted by Eugene0
    What people are failing to understand is why this is a problem. Perhaps if you explained why, instead of being so cryptic, somebody here might be willing to offer their own address for you to use once or twice.

If you were a friend of mine, I'd be perfectly happy to do it for you. But, right now, I'm thinking this can only be somehow dodgy - because it really doesn't make any sense.

What IS in this mystery package that doesn't actually cost anything, can't possibly be sourced anywhere else, can't possibly be sent internationally, and can't possibly be sent to a "known" forwarder? And why is it so important to you, but not important enough to pay a small fee for it?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 5th Oct 17, 10:00 AM
    • 32,766 Posts
    • 27,495 Thanks
    custardy
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 5th Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    • 5,532 Posts
    • 5,222 Thanks
    eddddy
    Hmmm... so....

From your posts, it sounds like you want to give an organisation the impression that you are resident in the UK, when you're not.
    Originally posted by eddddy
    Yes I admit this is correct...
    Plus, you're suggesting that the 'mail forwarder' should not use their home address...

I need more private and unique address where individual person would have daily ''walk by'' access to it and would be willing to provide this service for a small ( ! ) fee.
    Is that because somebody (i.e. the sender of the envelopes) might come looking for them/you?

And FWIW, there's a few 'North Americanisms' in your posts, the most obvious being:

...wire transaction...
    Intriguing!
    • saajan_12
    • By saajan_12 5th Oct 17, 10:20 AM
    • 994 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    saajan_12
    I was about to say your request sounds reasonable, even if beyond your affordability. I can imagine a legitimate a online retailer only ships to the UK and the exact type of product is not widely available..

However what we can't understand is why the need for 'privacy' and uniqueness.. why can't the sender know the items will be forwarded internationally?

I am willing to pay a small fee but the problem is that those websites advertising this are too much well known. Everyone is using them. I need more private and unique address
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 5th Oct 17, 10:25 AM
    • 15,693 Posts
    • 14,006 Thanks
    AdrianC
    I was about to say your request sounds reasonable, even if beyond your affordability. I can imagine a legitimate a online retailer only ships to the UK and the exact type of product is not widely available..
    Originally posted by saajan_12
    Yes, but...

The only way to look at the price of any product is to look at the total cost to get it to your door. If it's too expensive on that basis, then it's too expensive.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 5th Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    • 8,337 Posts
    • 27,992 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The envelope and its content is not a subject to be bought/paid.
    Curiouser and curiouser...if the 'thing' isn't something that can be bought or sold then where is it coming from?
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 5th Oct 17, 1:04 PM
    • 36,190 Posts
    • 152,925 Thanks
    silvercar
    I am willing to pay a small fee but the problem is that those websites advertising this are too much well known. Everyone is using them. I need more private and unique address where individual person would have daily ''walk by'' access to it and would be willing to provide this service for a small ( ! ) fee. I am just asking for such service providers, something similar what you find if you go to fiverr, type in the search bar the following quoted text without the quotes:

''I will provide you with a UK mail''

and click on listing that is offered by user whos username is ''chloe2012'' (no need to register).

Anyone knows ANY British person who does such service?
    The one I quoted earlier gives each user a unique 'top line' address, so would suit your purpose. It costs from £10 a month with no contract for the address. I don't know how much extra they would charge for forwarding - of if you could arrange for that to be done separately. Seems not unreasonable charges if it suits your purpose.
    • saajan_12
    • By saajan_12 5th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 994 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    saajan_12
    Yes, but...

The only way to look at the price of any product is to look at the total cost to get it to your door. If it's too expensive on that basis, then it's too expensive.
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    Oh I agree, I meant it didn't sound like fraud/dodgy, just too expensive until you get to the 'private/unique' address.
    • Eugene0
    • By Eugene0 5th Oct 17, 8:17 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eugene0
    Wow so much talk instead of pointing me to the person providing this service...

aneary: nothing is illegal here.

AdrianC: known or too much known address from website whos representatives are offering this service may result in shipper refusing to ship the envelope. So thats why I am trying to get some less known address. Shipper won't want to ship to address from where envelopes and packages are being mass forwarded internationally daily. Its envelope and not a package. I never said i wouldn't be willing to pay a small fee for this service. Definitely willing to pay for it but not even close to what UK Royal Mail is charging. There is no ''product'' at all to be bought. I pay nothing to the sender. Its not a ''purchase product''. I only pay to service provider who would get envelope delivered and reship it internationally.

custardy: is that you? Nice teeth.

eddddy: I said that forwarded may not use his/her own address because most likely noone would be willing to give personal address to a stranger, even if for a fee (service cost). I assume saying in advance to just give address where he/she walks by daily will increase my chance to find such service provider. You all probably have some route, even if to closest shop, where you are daily. What is more simple then getting envelope(s) delivered there? Noone (referring to the sender) will come to visit the service provider.

saajan_12: sender is dealing with UK residents only. If requesting him to ship to address from e.g. forward2me website then nothing will be sent.

fairy lights: from UK. So nationally shipped to service provider who I am looking for.

silvercar: It might be unique po box (''room number'') but surely not unique address.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 5th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    • 15,693 Posts
    • 14,006 Thanks
    AdrianC
    known or too much known address from website whos representatives are offering this service may result in shipper refusing to ship the envelope. So thats why I am trying to get some less known address. Shipper won't want to ship to address from where envelopes and packages are being mass forwarded internationally daily.
    This is the bit that makes ZERO sense.

I can understand the shipper only wanting to send to a UK address. Well, I don't understand it, but it's not that rare. But why would they have an issue with it THEN being forwarded on...?
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 5th Oct 17, 10:00 PM
    • 36,190 Posts
    • 152,925 Thanks
    silvercar
    silvercar: It might be unique po box (''room number'') but surely not unique address.
    It resembles a proper address eg 152 The Manor. It used by people who live on the adjacent holiday home, so would appear as a legal address for anyone looking.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 5th Oct 17, 10:08 PM
    • 8,337 Posts
    • 27,992 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Can you not just tell us what it is?
    • Eugene0
    • By Eugene0 5th Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eugene0
    This is the bit that makes ZERO sense.

I can understand the shipper only wanting to send to a UK address. Well, I don't understand it, but it's not that rare. But why would they have an issue with it THEN being forwarded on...?
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    Because they would know the final recipient is not from UK and they work with UK residents only.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 5th Oct 17, 10:38 PM
    • 15,693 Posts
    • 14,006 Thanks
    AdrianC
    They "work with"...?

So, basically, you've lied to them and don't want to be found out?

Are they paying you for this work?
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 5th Oct 17, 10:43 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 3,200 Thanks
    bazzyb
    There may well be a solution to this, there may not be a solution to this... It would help tremendously if you tell us what is in the envelope so we can point you to any such services (if applicable).
    • Eugene0
    • By Eugene0 5th Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eugene0
    AdrianC: noone pays me anything but this doesn't mean i couldn't make profit from it. I didn't lie to anyone but yes, as you said, I will honestly say that i don't want them to know I am not from UK.

bazzyb: content of envelope is irrelevant here. If I am able to find service provider for delivery+reship then he/she will provide the service regardless if X or Y content. I may agree, due to security reasons, that he/she opens and checks everything before reshipping to make sure its legal but in this case I don't have any protection on my side. He/she may refuse to reship for any reason or could simply take the content of envelope for himself/herself and never communicate with me anymore. This way its not safe for me. Although the truth is that in reality i could never really ''prevent'' service provider from opening it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,655Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter