Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 4th Oct 17, 10:43 AM
    • 4,488Posts
    • 1,650Thanks
    knightstyle
    Facebook, lack of posts?
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:43 AM
    Facebook, lack of posts? 4th Oct 17 at 10:43 AM
    We use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends and till recently it was great.
    But now when I open it I only get one or two posts and a box saying if I want to see more I need to add more friends!
    I often cannot see all the available posts.
    If I wait a few minutes and try again sometimes I get all the posts from family and friends.
    Is here something I can do in settings to sort this?
Page 1
    • droopsnoot
    • By droopsnoot 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 1,097 Posts
    • 702 Thanks
    droopsnoot
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    I've noticed that one mine too. It's just another thing to add to the list of "annoying things the Facebook does", including showing posts in what appears to be a totally random order, and enabling "most popular posts only" instead of just leaving things alone. And targeted adverts from things like car washes 300-odd miles from where I live.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 4th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 2,487 Posts
    • 1,660 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:39 PM
    I've found the problem goes away after a while. It happened to me weeks ago but it's fine now.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 4th Oct 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:57 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:57 PM
    The Facebook news feed by default shows you things in what it thinks are "Top Stories", the official definition of which is apparently what has most recently commented on that they think you might be interested in regardless of the age of the original post. The real-world definition is "any old post in any old random order for any old reason just to annoy everybody" and it always irritates me when I see it doing that.

Use http://facebook.com/?sk=h_chr to force "most recent stories" all the time, every time.
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 4th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 4,488 Posts
    • 1,650 Thanks
    knightstyle
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I used the above link and only got four posts before it stopped.
    So frustrating as DD had put some pics on earlier. So now we have to go on everyones page individually to keep up with news.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 4th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    Those issues are often temporary, it'll probably clear itself. Facebook is so complicated and bogged down in the detail these days, plus the fact they keep changing things every five minutes it's a miracle the thing works at all.
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 5th Oct 17, 9:04 AM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 629 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:04 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:04 AM
    The Facebook news feed by default shows you things in what it thinks are "Top Stories", the official definition of which is apparently what has most recently commented on that they think you might be interested in regardless of the age of the original post. The real-world definition is "any old post in any old random order for any old reason just to annoy everybody" and it always irritates me when I see it doing that.

Use http://facebook.com/?sk=h_chr to force "most recent stories" all the time, every time.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones
    And annoyingly if you go to most recent it you won't see all the most recent stories. Facebook will hide some of them, mainly to annoy you I think.
    • Tabatha Kitten
    • By Tabatha Kitten 6th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 1,150 Thanks
    Tabatha Kitten
    • 6th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem.
    Two of three posts show on my news feed then a message to say if I want to see more posts I need to find more friends.

Does anyone know how to fix this or how to contact facebook for help ?
    I have submitted a report but all I got back was a message saying "Your feedback will be used to improve Facebook. Thanks for taking the time to make a report". Somehow I doubt I will get any further response.

I have my settings to "most recent stories" as someone here has suggested & I've tried searching google but only finding out of date info to similar problems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

910Posts Today

5,658Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin