Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • _pete_
    • By _pete_ 4th Oct 17, 10:41 AM
    • 108Posts
    • 27Thanks
    _pete_
    Crabtree & Evelyn: Beware!
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:41 AM
    Crabtree & Evelyn: Beware! 4th Oct 17 at 10:41 AM
    I ordered some soaps via the C&E online store. They never arrived and I've received no response to my emails or phone calls (they simply don't answer the phone). I've had to arrange for a chargeback via my credit card company.

They were supposed to be a birthday present from my mum.

I wish I'd looked on Trustpilot first - Crabtree and Evelyn have shocking reviews for their online service.
Page 1
    • _pete_
    • By _pete_ 9th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    _pete_
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    Just to update my orginal post.

In the end I contacted their press office to ask if the company was going bust (ie, no one answers the phone or replies to emails). They were adamant that C&E are still solvent but they'd been 'restructuring to improve our customer service'. Seems like a lengthy restructure given that they appear to have had this problem since May.

Anyway, after that little exchange of emails someone else from the company contacted me to arrange a refund. Needless to say the package never turned up, but I was just glad to get my money back in the end.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,894Posts Today

8,999Users online

Martin's Twitter