Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lulabelle1
    • By lulabelle1 4th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 2,630Posts
    • 16,734Thanks
    lulabelle1
    Charles Stanley Multi Asset Growth Funds
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    Charles Stanley Multi Asset Growth Funds 4th Oct 17 at 9:58 AM
    I logged on to my Charles Stanley account this morning and saw that they've recently launched new CS Multi Asset Growth Funds - 5 to choose from depending on your risk profile.

My SIPP is currently invested in to Vanguard LS80, approaching the £90k mark.

I'm wondering whether people have any thoughts on the fund and whether it would be a good idea to divert future SIPP contributions to this instead of LS 80.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Lokolo
    • By Lokolo 4th Oct 17, 10:09 AM
    • 19,770 Posts
    • 14,773 Thanks
    Lokolo
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:09 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:09 AM
    I thought they were a bit too expensive for what they are, especially given they don't include the platform charge in their cost as well.

https://www.charles-stanley-direct.co.uk/invest/multi-asset-funds

The adventurous one costs 1.6% including the platform. Even the least risky one is still 1.24% including platform.

edit - also to point out, they are completely different strategy's to LS funds. These are actively managed. LS funds are cheap index.
    Last edited by Lokolo; 04-10-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 4th Oct 17, 10:22 AM
    • 3,450 Posts
    • 4,055 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:22 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:22 AM
    When I looked at these the other day the stand out feature was the eye watering fees. On their middle of the road Moderate Fund the OCF is 1.33% + their 0.25% platform charge or 1.58% pa in total. Ouch. The portfolios are baskets of funds and ETFs from other providers which may explain an OCF double the usual rate

The funds within these portfolios appear mostly active, nothing wrong with that, but if you have bought into the VLS strategy of cheap trackers I can't see what appeal they would have for you. If they did appeal for some reason there are plenty of alternatives at half the cost
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 4th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    • 3,450 Posts
    • 4,055 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    These funds appear to be renamed versions of the PanBALANCED, PanDYNAMIC and PanDEFENSIVE funds from Maitland Institutional Services. Details of the changes here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,550Posts Today

8,795Users online

Martin's Twitter