Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AL1973
    • By AL1973 4th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AL1973
    Borrowing money against my house
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    Borrowing money against my house 4th Oct 17 at 9:07 AM
    I would like to borrow money against my house but unsure what is the bet way to do this.

My parents gifted me money to buy my house, and together with my savings, I bought without a mortgage. Now their situation has changed, and I would like to raise money (40,000-60000) to give to them.

What would be the best way to do this? Taking out a mortgage? A guaranteed loan? (I'm 45)
Page 1
    • Mortgage_Adviser
    • By Mortgage_Adviser 4th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Mortgage_Adviser
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    If you have a steadily income you should be able to get the mortgage.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

1,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin