Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Graydog7
    • By Graydog7 4th Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Graydog7
    Veri-Park and NCP
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:05 AM
    Veri-Park and NCP 4th Oct 17 at 9:05 AM
    I signed up with Veri-Park a year ago to simplify my occasional visits to the Market Way NCP car park in Portsmouth. It seemed to work very well, you just drive in and out as you like and the ANPR works it all out and pays the bill for you and sends you a statement each month. Great?

I received a PCN from NCP yesterday ! £50 for my most recent visit on the 29th of September and when I checked my Veri-Park account I found that my cars status was "disabled". Veri-Park offer no History on account activity and it seems they are only contactable by snail mail, so i have no immediate answers as to why my car has been disabled on the account. However. I know I have NOT altered the status of my car, failed to pay my account balance or done anything else to invalidate the car.

I have email and account records of all 8 previous visits and payments to this car park using Veri-Park, the most recent in July. Nothing about my circumstances has changed neither have i received any notice from Veri-Park to say the car has been disabled.

Has anyone had similar or have any advice?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 14,977 Posts
    • 23,530 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    You obviously have to make a written complaint to Veri-Park and get them to sort this out for you.

However, as a backstop (but in parallel) you need to start the process of appealing the charge to NCP and ultimately POPLA. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, (post #1 only at this stage) and make sure you get the appeal to NCP within the 28 day window they give you and use the method of appeal they require, detailed in their NtK to you.

But please note that the issue around your Veri-Park account will carry no real weight in the appeals processes between you, NCP and eventually POPLA.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Graydog7
    • By Graydog7 4th Oct 17, 10:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Graydog7
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:24 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:24 AM
    Yes, Thanks. I have submitted appeals but like you I don't think I'll get much sympathy from NCP as it's not really them that failed, although I would like to think that they would take some responsibility for the performance of agents collecting money for them?..... HaHa!
    As for Veri-Park I'm thinking that their lack of online support, where you can copy in the likes of MSE and Rip of Britain, or telephone support, makes me think that I won't get very far with that either.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 14,977 Posts
    • 23,530 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    You can beat NCP at POPLA, but it won’t be based on the Veri-Park inadequacy.

I have submitted appeals but like you I don't think I'll get much sympathy from NCP
    Nobody ever gets any sympathy from a PPC. Sympathy = no income for them. What you want from them is a POPLA code.

Did you use the template appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, or did you concoct your own with statements identifying the driver (hope not, but seen these all too often go awry when people ‘tell their story’)?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    • 50,736 Posts
    • 64,129 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    Yes, Thanks. I have submitted appeals but like you I don't think I'll get much sympathy from NCP
    Originally posted by Graydog7
    Doesn't matter - as long as you don't say who parked the car...appeal as keeper, as per the sticky thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

358Posts Today

2,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin