Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • begganmanu
    • By begganmanu 3rd Oct 17, 11:07 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    begganmanu
    CO ownership developer bust / administrator seeks 25%
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:07 PM
    CO ownership developer bust / administrator seeks 25% 3rd Oct 17 at 11:07 PM
    Hello , here is a quick summary
    . 2009 - bought house 75% mortgage 25% builder
    10 yr scheme ..220 000 total
    . 2013 - developer went bust and PWC appointed - quick to notify they would not stand over snags etc of which the houses where poorly enough threw up in boom time with 3 diff. Building sub contractors .
    . I'm now in a position where I want to put this to bed and try to get 100% share of the house and obviously not at those prices in 2009 but current market value like the contract stated cause my house valued at 170 000 currently ..1 house same style sold last yr for 138 000 with issues inside
    .. I contacted them and they told me to put an offer in writing thru email and they would deal with it .. I have not paid anything back as of yet like 95% of all people in this estate .. the house has heating / condensation /tiles / some wall structure issues and i am considering making an offer around 15 000 -20 000 ..any advice would be appreciated .. also I feel I would be the first to pay/make contact as I was 1 of the first of maybe 20 + under the scheme and don't want to overpay or even find out later that ppl ended up not even paying or much less than me ..Any advice greatly appreciated Thanks .
Page 1
    • butterflymum
    • By butterflymum 4th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    butterflymum
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    Have you spoken with any of your neighbours to see if they, too, are considering a similar approach to PWC? If they are, a combined effort may be worth thinking about.
    butterfly )i(
    • saverbuyer
    • By saverbuyer 6th Oct 17, 4:44 PM
    • 2,459 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    saverbuyer
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:44 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:44 PM
    Why haven't you made a claim on your NHBC guarantee?

What does the second charge registered by the builder state?

What builder stands over 4 year old snags? I'd approach PWC with an offer but just be aware, they'll get their 25% if you ever come to sell. In fact you'll not be able to move unless the second charge is discharged. To be honest, it looks like PWC are in a comfortable position.
    Last edited by saverbuyer; 06-10-2017 at 4:50 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin