Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Andy_King
    • By Andy_King 3rd Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Andy_King
    Sky Not Honouring Offer
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    Sky Not Honouring Offer 3rd Oct 17 at 9:47 PM
    Hi

After cancelling sky i had a text asking if i changed my mind

So thinking i might get a better deal i went on chat and was offered a deal for £47 with original bundle fibre max and line rental and £25 credit so i agreed

Because my bill wasnt updated i rang them again to be told they couldnt honour the deal and it would be £59 a month

I spent 2 nights for 2 hours a time to get fobbed off

I saved the full chat for proof but is there any way i can get sky to agree to the original deal

Any suggestions or help would be great

Thanks
Page 1
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 3rd Oct 17, 10:47 PM
    • 1,784 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    Robisere
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:47 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:47 PM
    After I cancelled, they emailed, texted twice "..have you changed your mind, better deal, blah blah.." I deleted all 3, without responding.

Then I was contacted on my phone by a very well-spoken guy who was obviously some kind of senior mouthpiece. Tried everything he knew, I would not bite. Because I know what they do: reel you in, get you on a new contract at a 'better' price, then go back on their words, or after a month or two, up goes the cost in one way or another.

You can try to use the text message and the Chatline transcript, but I would not hold out much hope. Trying to get Sky to stand by their word, is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.
    Last edited by Robisere; 03-10-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    There may be more than one way to skin a cat.
    But the result is always inedible.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Oct 17, 12:02 AM
    • 19,510 Posts
    • 9,605 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:02 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:02 AM
    I wouldn't say that I hate Sky
    Originally posted by Robisere ON ANOTHER RECENT THREAD
    and yet now you post this?

Trying to get Sky to stand by their word, is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.
    Originally posted by Robisere
    You appear to have a very low opinion of Sky, whatever protestations you make otherwise.

I think for you, your month-long notice period can't end soon enough.

I hope you have a better experience with your new internet provider and your Humax decoder box..
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Oct 17, 12:06 AM
    • 19,510 Posts
    • 9,605 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:06 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:06 AM
    I saved the full chat for proof but is there any way i can get sky to agree to the original deal
    Originally posted by Andy_King
    If you agreed to the deal at the time it was originally offered then Sky should certainly honour it. Send the Chat log to Sky's complaints department and demand that they provide the deal they offered. Be sure of what was said and offered.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    Hi

After cancelling sky i had a text asking if i changed my mind

So thinking i might get a better deal i went on chat and was offered a deal for £47 with original bundle fibre max and line rental and £25 credit so i agreed

Because my bill wasnt updated i rang them again to be told they couldnt honour the deal and it would be £59 a month

I spent 2 nights for 2 hours a time to get fobbed off

Any suggestions or help would be great

Thanks
    Originally posted by Andy_King
    They would have offered you the opportunity to walk away from the contract since they can't hold up their end, just do it and find someone else. Make sure you let them know why, preferably in a written letter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,528Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter