Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 3rd Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 2Thanks
    mrodg
    AM Parking Services Ltd Parking Ticket
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    AM Parking Services Ltd Parking Ticket 3rd Oct 17 at 9:34 PM
    Hi, I hope you are doing well. On the 23/09/2017 a windscreen ticket from AM Parking Services was applied to a vehicle of which I am the registered keeper of. It was in a University Accommodation Car Park in Gillingham. The fine is £100 reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days. The contravention was that the driver allegedly overstayed the the 2 hour limit. Is there a chance of me as the registered keeper of the vehicle fighting this back and getting myself out of paying this extortionate fine?

Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by mrodg; 27-11-2017 at 8:46 AM.
Page 3
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 4th Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mrodg
    5. The operator has failed to prove or provided evidence that the driver has overstayed the 2 hour parking period

The windscreen ticket states that:
    “The vehicle has been issued a parking charge notice for the following reason – Overstayed free parking period. Hrs 2.” For copy of the ticket please see image04.jpg

image04.jpg
    Also image04.jpg is going to be a picture of the actual windscreen ticket, would it be a good idea to embed that into my appeal?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 9:02 AM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    In between your penultimate and final paragraph you should quote the relevant text from Schedule 4, para 11(1) of PoFA, in order to drive this home to POPLA.
    11(1)The third condition is that—
    (a)the creditor (or a person acting for or on behalf of the creditor) has made an application for the keeper’s details in relation to the period of parking to which the unpaid parking charges relate;
    (b)the application was made during the relevant period for the purposes of paragraph 8(4) (where a notice to driver has been given) or 9(4) (where no notice to driver has been given);
    (c)the information sought by the application is provided by the Secretary of State to the applicant.
    Looks fine then with this addition.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Dec 17, 12:46 PM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 3,158 Thanks
    KeithP
    Also image04.jpg is going to be a picture of the actual windscreen ticket, would it be a good idea to embed that into my appeal?
    Originally posted by mrodg
    Please re-read post #37.
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 4th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mrodg
    @Umkomaas add it between
    I delivered my initial appeal to
    and

The NTK must have been delivered to
    @KeithP yes but I was thinking that me as the keeper having the windscreen ticket readily available might suggest, even to the slightest, to the Adjudicator that I was the driver? just a thought..
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 6:02 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    @Umkomaas add it between
    If they are the penultimate and final paragraphs I’m not sure what you are asking?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 4th Dec 17, 6:11 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mrodg
    If they are the penultimate and final paragraphs I’m not sure what you are asking?
    Technically my penultimate and final paragraphs are located all the way at the end of the appeal in section 6. But just wanted to clarify.

Ill put this together now and have it sent in the next couple of hours thank you and the rest of the guys for the extensive help it is really appreciated.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Dec 17, 6:12 PM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 3,158 Thanks
    KeithP
    @KeithP yes but I was thinking that me as the keeper having the windscreen ticket readily available might suggest, even to the slightest, to the Adjudicator that I was the driver? just a thought..
    Originally posted by mrodg
    I don't think so. It would be quite reasonable for the driver to pass a NtD to the keeper.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,456Posts Today

7,215Users online

Martin's Twitter