Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 3rd Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mrodg
    AM Parking Services Ltd Parking Ticket
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    AM Parking Services Ltd Parking Ticket 3rd Oct 17 at 9:34 PM
    Hi, I hope you are doing well. I recently (23/09/2017) received a parking ticket on the from AM Parking Services. It was in a University Accommodation Car Park in Gillingham, I was helping a friend of mine moving in. The fine is £100 reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days. The contravention was that I allegedly overstayed the the 2 hour limit. Is there a chance of me fighting this back and getting myself out of paying this extortionate fine?

Thanks in Advance.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 9:58 PM
    • 16,119 Posts
    • 20,201 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:58 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:58 PM
    please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, near the top of this forum , thank you
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 11:21 PM
    • 50,789 Posts
    • 64,193 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:21 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:21 PM
    Is there a chance of me fighting this back and getting myself out of paying this extortionate fine? telling the scammers to go swivel?
    Just to adjust your thinking here...please read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• mrodg
    • By mrodg 5th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrodg
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    Hi Guys thanks for your quick reply having read the FAQs this is what I got:

1.Complain to the Land Owner in this Case it would be the University Kent; what should I complain to them about?

2. AM Parking Services is part of the BPA. so on the 26th day after receiving the PCN I should Appeal to them as the keeper. TO engage them and hopefully have them forget about the NTK

3.Make the first appeal in order to get a code for POPLA; SO what ground could I actually appeal on here?

4.For the Second stage - the POPLA appeal it says "See separate post #3 below for how to appeal to POPLA" I cant find this post so i am not sure how the POPLE appeal should look like .\

Please can you confirm if the steps I mentioned above are the correct ones to take? and also please answer the question I left?

Appreciate the help and thanks in advance.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    • 3,994 Posts
    • 2,266 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    3.Make the first appeal in order to get a code for POPLA; SO what ground could I actually appeal on here?
    Originally posted by mrodg
    You tell us you've read the newbies thread.

Did you not see in the very first post on that thread a sample appeal?

There are two. Send the one appropriate to your PPC.
    I'll leave you to work out which one to send.
    No need to add anything to it or adjust it.
    Just send it.

4.For the Second stage - the POPLA appeal it says "See separate post #3 below for how to appeal to POPLA" I cant find this post so i am not sure how the POPLE appeal should look like .\
    Here's a clue:
    This post is post #5 of this thread.

With that knowledge, surely you can find out which is post #3 of a thread where you have already read, and quoted from, post #1?
    Last edited by KeithP; 05-10-2017 at 9:48 PM.
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 11th Oct 17, 6:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrodg
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:22 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:22 PM
    Okay following KeithP advice I will get the appeal template for BPA approved PPC and send it off so that they can receive it by the 18th of October which will be the 25th day from receiving the PCN.

AM Parking Services provide two options for appealing one in letter and by email; which would you recommend is best?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 3,994 Posts
    • 2,266 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    AM Parking Services provide two options for appealing one in letter and by email; which would you recommend is best?
    Surely you saw the lines immediately above that blue text you plan to send?

Here it is again:
    Template appeal for BPA members - copy this wording into the online appeal box or into an email:
    And immediately following that blue text it says:
    NO NEED TO USE YOUR REAL SIGNATURE - BUT DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP A SCREEN PRINT. USE ANY EMAIL APPEAL OPTION IF FIRMS OFFER IT.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-10-2017 at 7:35 PM.
    • mrodg
    • By mrodg 19th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mrodg
    • 19th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 19th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    Appeal sent today as per the the newbies sticky and KeithP's advise. Now awaiting to hear back from them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

1,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin