Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Denise419
    • By Denise419 3rd Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Denise419
    Trying to make PPI claims difficult?
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:20 PM
    Trying to make PPI claims difficult? 3rd Oct 17 at 7:20 PM
    I’ve recently used the Resolver tool, which I think is great, to submit a PPI claim in relation to what was originally a Citibank credit card and latterly Opus, provided by NewDay Ltd. I completed the resolver questionnaire in full and attached documentary evidence of my PPI. I’ve then come home today to a letter asking me to complete a paper copy of the PPI questionnaire - when I called to query (as all info asked provided by resolver questionnaire and in same format), I was told it was required because of a set procedure as given by the Financial Conduct Authority. I don’t see why I need to provide exact same info twice - seems to be an attempt to make a claim even more difficult. Can anyone advise please?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 14,066 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    If they want it in their version, they can ask for it.

It shouldn't take you long - just copy it.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 3rd Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 540 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    You wouldn't have needed to fill the form out twice if you'd gone direct in the first place. There's no need to involve a third party.
    • Denise419
    • By Denise419 3rd Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Denise419
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    Thank you - resolver is the MSE recommended online tool to submit claims and they do go directly to the company.
    • Denise419
    • By Denise419 3rd Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Denise419
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    Thanks - but not quite the point. Doing what is recommended on MSE and then having to do it again is not what I would have expected.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • 13,607 Posts
    • 14,066 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    Your complaint goes via Resolver. Many companies prefer to deal direct.

MSE says and recommends a number of things. Not all of them are always a good idea.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 7,422 Posts
    • 4,864 Thanks
    -taff
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    MSE recommends doing it yourself too. Did you listen to that bit?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Oct 17, 11:38 PM
    • 19,504 Posts
    • 9,597 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:38 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:38 PM
    Thank you - resolver is the MSE recommended online tool to submit claims and they do go directly to the company.
    Originally posted by Denise419
    Resolver is actually part-owned by MSE. Don't you think this might be why it is pushed so heavily on the site?

Numerous instances on the forum of Resolver E-Mails going astray completely or recipients requesting duplicate information on their own forms etc.
    Doing what is recommended on MSE and then having to do it again is not what I would have expected.
    It's obviously your opinion of MSE recommendations that need revising..
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 4th Oct 17, 1:03 AM
    • 89,836 Posts
    • 55,422 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:03 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:03 AM
    Nothing to do with the fact that resolver sell the data they collect for profit.

Doing what is recommended on MSE and then having to do it again is not what I would have expected.
    Resolver does have some issues with providers not getting all the data in a way they can read it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter