Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Lioness786
    Gladstones
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    Gladstones 3rd Oct 17 at 6:46 PM
    Hi all

I have looked in the newbies thread but cannot find the answer.

I month or so ago I received a LBC from Gladstones. I wrote back requesting further info e.g signs, height of them etc

Today I have received a letter back from Gladstones with a different reference number saying pay or we MAY take you to court.

I am slightly confused as they seem to have gone back a step (I am not complaining, but I was expecting court papers!) and have a different reference number.

(I have another PCN which I appealed with the not so independent IAS which was rejected a week or so ago but, it's a different Parking company to the one in the letters from Gladstone.)

Can anyone advise please?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    if the ref starts with a 3 its not a "GLADSTONES" letter, its from DRP and should be IGNORED

THE CLUE IS ALSO IN THE "MAY" PART AND ALSO IF IT SAYS TO CONTACT DRP
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Oct 17, 7:18 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 3,167 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:18 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:18 PM
    Lioness786, is this thread related to either of your other two threads?
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    The Ref begins with a 1 so is a genuine Gladstones letter. I am just very confused as previously I received a LBC, and now its a standard letter asking for payment saying they MAY take me to court - with a different reference number.

KeithP, yes, the letter is related to a previous thread. Wasn't sure if I Should I post on the one it relates to, or start a new thread - so started a new one.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    the rules changed last sunday on any LBC or MCOL related matters

you could write back and rebut it like any other LBC

YOU COULD USE RECENT LETTERS FROM HERE THAT INCLUDE THE NEW RULES ON LBC MATTERS, WHICH MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    Its not a LBC. I already had that and wrote to them few weeks ago.

This now is a standard letter, different reference number saying we have contacted you before and asking for payment ETC ETC. Should I ignore as I have already responded to the LBC, and either wait for another LCB or court papers?

Thanks!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 8:20 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:20 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:20 PM
    because its a different reference number but starts with a 1, my advice stands

I would rather you sent 10 letters then miss one
    Newbies !!
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    Ok, I will treat like an LBC and write to them once again. In fact, could I send them the same letter I sent previously again?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 51,898 Posts
    • 65,542 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    No, use the new version in the NEWBIES thread post #2. I added it yesterday, you can tell which one it is from the date of the linked thread there and the fact it talks about the new Protocol.

Hit them with it and make them now follow the new rules.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    Ok, I will treat like an LBC and write to them once again. In fact, could I send them the same letter I sent previously again?
    Originally posted by Lioness786
    no , that was the other point I made to you that you have ignored

the new rules started last sunday making it more difficult for these sc@mmers as they must jump through more hoops

therefore, you send the new letters which are more detailed, not the old ones

in theory , you want new LBC letters from GLADRAGS for each and any and all of the outstanding topics, so you can send the new letters back and make life much more difficult for them
    Newbies !!
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 9:05 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    Sorry, I didn't ignore it, It just did not register even though Its in capitals.

(Baby is sick and have been up the last many night with her)

Thank you all for your help once again, It is much appreciated.
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    Also, can I use the same letter in the event that I will get another letter / LBC from Gladstones with reference to another PCN, but which I appealed to the IAS (I did not know about this forum back then and literally wrote what happened and why we parked there in the appeal letter), lost and stupidly named the Driver in the process!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 10:00 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    just use the new rebuttal letters

the old ones are now as dead as a dodo
    Newbies !!
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 3rd Oct 17, 10:09 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    Thank you :-)
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 20th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    Hi all,

So I sent the most recent updated letter as discussed above to Gladstones in response to their recent letter once again chasing for payment..

This morning I have a letter back from them saying they cannot comply with section 10 of the data protection act 1998 to stop processing personal data as they are acting on their clients behalf and processing of my data is a necessary part of the contract, and that pursuant to section 10(2)(a), para 2, schedule 2, the processing of data s exempt from such a request. And regardless of if I think this is not the case, basically they do!

I am guessing I Should continue to ignore until we get LBC?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Oct 17, 4:28 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    correct , or until you get an MCOL and if you do ensure it meets the new protocols
    Newbies !!
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 20th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    Thank you :-)
    • dee7479551
    • By dee7479551 20th Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dee7479551
    I had a letter from Gladstones where the reference started with a 3 and I did ignore it but now have a county court claim form.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Oct 17, 5:26 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    I had a letter from Gladstones where the reference started with a 3 and I did ignore it but now have a county court claim form.
    Originally posted by dee7479551
    that was not from gladrags , it was from DRP on a gladrags pimped out letterhead

if you have an MCOL, start a new thread and read post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

do the AOS online and start drafting your own defence
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,278Posts Today

7,560Users online

Martin's Twitter