Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gman41
    • By gman41 3rd Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 4Thanks
    gman41
    Charging Order help *please*
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    Charging Order help *please* 3rd Oct 17 at 6:11 PM
    Hi,
    I have a charging order Interim for £7.100 paperwork came a few weeks back
    My Question, Can I pay into the account to get the balance down?
    Or do I have to write to the solicitors first?
    I now have funds to pay off with installments.

I just dont know what to do next!
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 3rd Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    • 11,638 Posts
    • 8,774 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    Yes, you can pay it off.

Then get the charge removed
    • gman41
    • By gman41 4th Oct 17, 6:45 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gman41
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:45 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:45 AM
    Thank you for your reply!
  • National Debtline
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:26 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:26 AM
    Hi gman41

Can you afford to pay the full balance of the debt? If not, are you able to afford the instalments you were ordered to pay on the CCJ? As long as you do that there is no risk of the claimant applying for the sale of the property, although this rarely happens it's worth having peace of mind.

You can also try and object to the interim charging order being made final, usually you have 28 days to do this. Although most judges are going to grant the final charging order, submitting objections gives you the opportunity to add conditions to the charging order. For example, if you pay £x per month the property cannot be sold.

You can find more on the process, and the arguments you may be able to make against the final charging order, here https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/countycourtchargingorders/chargingorderadvice.aspx. If you need more detailed advice contact one of the free debt advice agencies.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,773Posts Today

6,981Users online

Martin's Twitter