Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sausageroll14
    • By Sausageroll14 3rd Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Sausageroll14
    Potential bump in the road!!!! HELP!!
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    Potential bump in the road!!!! HELP!! 3rd Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    So I may be panicking a bit but bare with me.

So my current mortgage deal expires Dec 2019. At this time I am highly likely to be either a stay at home parent or working part time. Basically I won't be bringing home anything like what I am in wages now.

The mortgage is in my sole name. It was to much hassle to add in my partner so his income won't count (I'm guessing).

I'm really worried I'll end up being trapped with my current provider if I don't do something sooner but this would incur hefty charges.... any suggestions?
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 55,569 Posts
    • 48,943 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    Apply on line and for a new product with you existing lendr. Then you won't need to declare your circumstances.

If you decide to move lender and remortgage. Then that is the time to giving consideration as to whether to add your partner.
    "Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing." - Warren Buffett
    • Sausageroll14
    • By Sausageroll14 4th Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sausageroll14
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    Perfect solution. Just out of interest does anyone know the process to add someone to to your Mortgage?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,206Posts Today

7,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin