Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 3rd Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 3,400Posts
    • 11,788Thanks
    mansey
    Compers Challenge 2018
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    Compers Challenge 2018 3rd Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    I am posting this thread now so we can have the compers challenge for next year ready to go at the beginning of January 2018 and so we are not rushing about trying to sort it out during the mad month of December Advents.

2018 Comper Challenge.

This year we are looking for about 40 players to take part in the yearly challenge.

Each player will choose an easy challenge and a harder challenge.
    The first 12 compers to sign up will also choose a monthly challenge.

Depending on how many sign up will decide how many challenges we have.

You don't have to have your challenges ready now you have 2 months to think about those

Next year you will only be allowed to cross off one challenge per day.

You have until November 30th to add your name, no more names will be added after that.

If you would like to join us next year please let us know below
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 5
    • mansey
    • By mansey 7th Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    Thanks for the PM Mansey

I would love to join in again

Since quite a few challenges are prize related or prize specific, I'm trying to think of ones that aren't. Just off the top of my head.....I'll change them if I think of something better!

Easy challenge: win a prize package of 5 items or more (can be a collection of items or a hamper - food, toiletries, stationary etc.)

Hard challenge: win a competition with more than 10,000 entries

Personal challenge: win something worth more than £200 (since this has evaded me so far!)
    Originally posted by 2013yearofthehouse
    I like those
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 7th Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 4,272 Posts
    • 157,350 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Don't forget folks, your challenges don't have to involve winning. It could be comp posting challenges, such as posting a competition where the prize is a holiday, or a laptop or even something simple like helping a newbie in compers chat corner. It would be good if by taking part in this challenge, we could also increase the number of competitions posted so that we can all benefit.

Will have to give some more thought to my personal challenge. Maybe to win at least one prize every month.

• mansey
    • By mansey 7th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    Lots of folks seem to be going with the idea that something large/expensive is going to be hard to win.

I like the idea that something small/cheap is going to be just as hard to win.

Like Mrs Bots Fish Slice, I thought about changing mine to a toilet brush, both I think will be very difficult to win.

I like your challenges to help the wider community Marg, the more comps that are posted the better for all of us

I also like lucinads challenge to win something that you can give away outside of your family, I am going to try and win something nice that I can donate to the local charity shop.
    ― Billy Joel
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 7th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 120,628 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Added my personal challenge to 'Enter 100 Rafflecopters'
    I like entering Gleams but Rafflecopters seem much more of a chore.
    Hopefully having it as a challenge, it may give me a kick up the bottom to enter more.
    Last edited by Ms Dee; 08-10-2017 at 1:15 PM.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 46/50
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Oct 17, 12:48 AM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    Added my personal challenge to 'Enter 25 Rafflecopters'
    I like entering Gleams but Rafflecopters seem much more of a chore.
    Hopefully having it as a challenge, it may give me a kick up the bottom to enter more.
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    That's not much of a challenge ... Why not 500 Rafflecopters over a year
    ― Billy Joel
    • aspella
    • By aspella 8th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 7,292 Thanks
    aspella
    I've not read all the thread so apologies if my challenges have already been suggested.

Easy: If you spot something that is incorrect or missing from a post then reply to the thread or PM the OP. For example incorrect answer/link, the fact it is a gleam/rafflecopter or daily hasn't been mentioned.

Hard: Post a competition from a site that has been in existence for 6+ months but there have been no posts on MSE for the site for over 12 months or the website has never been mentioned on MSE.

Personal: Every time I win something I have to remove an item from my house to make room for it.
    Last edited by aspella; 08-10-2017 at 1:30 PM.
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 8th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 120,628 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    That's not much of a challenge ... Why not 500 Rafflecopters over a year
    Originally posted by mansey
    Okay, okay... 100 Rafflecopters.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

• mansey
    • By mansey 8th Oct 17, 1:21 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    Okay, okay... 100 Rafflecopters.
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    Tut what a wuss

Even 1 a day is 365 and you can enter them daily
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    Does anyone do C2Ws regularly?

Let me know please I have an idea for a personal challenge we could work on together.
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    I've not read all the thread so apologies if my challenges have already been suggested.

Easy: If you spot something that is incorrect or missing from a post then reply to the thread or PM the OP. For example incorrect answer/link, the fact it is a gleam/rafflecopter or daily hasn't been mentioned.

Hard: Post a competition from a site that has been in existence for 6+ months but there have been no posts on MSE for the site for over 12 months or the website has never been mentioned on MSE.

Personal: Every time I win something I have to remove an item from my house to make room for it.
    Originally posted by aspella
    Welcome to the mad house

That hard one will be hard, they don't miss much on here

I hope you can donate the stuff you remove to a local charity shop

Good challenges
    ― Billy Joel
    • aspella
    • By aspella 8th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 7,292 Thanks
    aspella
    Does anyone do C2Ws regularly?

Let me know please I have an idea for a personal challenge we could work on together.
    Originally posted by mansey
    I go through phases with the C2Ws, my personal challenge was going to be win 12 prizes from C2Ws but I changed my mind as it won't be hard it'll be impossible if this year is anything to go by - can't even win a book with 20 prizes on there. Which is probably a good thing as its one of the things I have difficulty rehoming once I've read them as my local charity shop won't take books.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    For our Personal Challenge Chrissie and myself are going to work together to try and enter 50,000 C2Ws in a year.

That is 136 C2Ws per day or 68 C2Ws each per day each.

As I said to Chrissie some days I enter none other days I enter 100s so we will see how it goes, it is a bit of motivation to keep each other going though

If anyone else does C2Ws and would like to join us please let us know
    Last edited by mansey; 08-10-2017 at 3:40 PM.
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 8th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 4,272 Posts
    • 157,350 Thanks
    Marg2k8

Love your challenges, especially the personal one.

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 11th Oct 17, 5:50 AM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 120,628 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    To make it easier for people to not double or repeat challenges, here is the full list, I hope, of everyone's challenges so far.

Easy Challenges
    Win something edible/drinkable
    Win tickets to an event
    Win a book
    Win something pleasant smelling e.g. a candle/perfume/reed diffusers
    Win a beauty product
    Win Toys
    Post at least one competition per month not already posted
    Win a back to school competition
    Win something made of plastic
    Win something Adults Only/X Rated
    Win chocolate
    Win a DVD
    Win something with a small monetary value - £10 or under
    Win a DVD or Bluray
    Win a toy for one of the kids
    Win a t-shirt
    Win a prize package of 5 items or more (can be a collection of items or a hamper - food, toiletries, stationery etc.)
    If you spot something that is incorrect or missing from a post then reply to the thread or PM the OP.

Hard Challenges
    Win something for your bedroom/bathroom/living room/kitchen/garden you need to win 5 prizes to complete this challenge
    Win high value vouchers (eta -£1000 or more)
    Win a fish slice
    Win a mobile phone
    Win a laptop
    Win a complete bathroom
    Somebody else wins from a competition you posted
    Win a holiday/break away/nice day out
    Win something made of glass
    Win an Advent Calender
    Win a bed
    Win a holiday
    Win a High Value Prize eg Break away/holiday/or whatever is needed for the house at the time
    Holiday worth over £1000
    Win vouchers worth over £100
    Win a car
    Win a competition with more than 10,000 entries
    Post a competition from a site that has been in existence for 6+ months but there have been no posts on MSE for the site for over 12 months or the website has never been mentioned on MSE.

Monthly Challenges
    January - Win something pet related
    February - win a CTW prize
    March - win something shiney
    April - win a beauty product
    May - win vouchers
    June - win food or drink
    July - win something yellow
    August - a selfless prize, something you can give away to someone not in your household
    October - Win something made of metal
    November - Win a Horror Movie or Horror Book
    December - Win toys
    Electrical items

Personal Challenge

• mansey
    • By mansey 11th Oct 17, 11:38 AM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    That's brilliant thanks pet
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 12th Oct 17, 7:34 AM
    • 4,272 Posts
    • 157,350 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    How about we added 'or post' to some of the hard challenges? So for example, if you haven't managed to win a car/laptop/phone, you could cross that one off if you have managed to post a competition for a car/laptop/phone.

• mansey
    • By mansey 12th Oct 17, 11:48 AM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    How about we added 'or post' to some of the hard challenges? So for example, if you haven't managed to win a car/laptop/phone, you could cross that one off if you have managed to post a competition for a car/laptop/phone.
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    Can't we wait until next year to be "bending" the rules

I had to check twice then to see who had posted, I thought it would be lucinad

To add or take away from a challenge the poster would have to agree and challenges can be changed up until the 30th November, so we will have to wait and see the final list
    ― Billy Joel
    • Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 13th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 1,868 Thanks
    Donnylover
    Easy : Win something for charity (donate to a raffle etc)
    Hard :Win with TAB

I missed this years challenge so want to be in on this one

Personal : Win Full Hospitality & a hotel for a Rugby Match.
    Last edited by Donnylover; 14-10-2017 at 8:17 PM.
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 13th Oct 17, 9:19 PM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 156,416 Thanks
    lucinad
    I go through phases with the C2Ws, my personal challenge was going to be win 12 prizes from C2Ws but I changed my mind as it won't be hard it'll be impossible if this year is anything to go by - can't even win a book with 20 prizes on there. Which is probably a good thing as its one of the things I have difficulty rehoming once I've read them as my local charity shop won't take books.
    i am the same, i do it religiously for a while and then i dont do it for a while
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    December wins: kettle, 20p topcashback, dahlia handbag, NYE at gullivers
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 11,788 Thanks
    mansey
    Easy : Win something for charity (donate to a raffle etc)
    Hard :Win with TAB

I missed this years challenge so want to be in on this one
    Originally posted by Donnylover
    Did you do our challenge one year?

You also need to choose a personal challenge pet, something you would like to win next year
    ― Billy Joel
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin