Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • russetred
    • By russetred 3rd Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    • 1,257Posts
    • 9,232Thanks
    russetred
    0 WOW
    Birmingham airport to travelodge.
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    0 WOW
    Birmingham airport to travelodge. 3rd Oct 17 at 4:32 PM
    I have never flown from Birmingham before so I am looking for some advice. We are arriving at 9.30 pm into Birmingham and are staying at the Travelodge in terminal road. I cannot seem to find info on transfer buses. What would be our best option for 3 adults getting to the hotel? TIA
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
Page 1
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 3rd Oct 17, 4:52 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 6,813 Thanks
    melanzana
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:52 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:52 PM
    Contact the Travelodge you are using for this information, I'm sure they will help.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 3rd Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 4,949 Posts
    • 3,583 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    I stayed there once and had to get a taxi although I think there is a public transport bus that runs although couldn't find which one from googling.
    Give them a call and they should be able to help.

Moving this to the UK holidays board

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • colcheslad
    • By colcheslad 4th Oct 17, 1:31 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    colcheslad
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:31 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:31 PM
    You can get the X1 or the X12 from the airport bus station and alight at 'Cargo Terminal' bus stop, which is a few minutes walk to the Travelodge. Buses are still fairly frequent at that time of night, expect a wait of around 15 minutes between services.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 4th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 2,740 Posts
    • 3,242 Thanks
    tealady
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    Hi
    Try the travelwm website. If you put in the details of where you are travelling from and to you should be able to get transport details.
    Alternatively google local taxi companies.
    HTH
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • elisebutt65
    • By elisebutt65 4th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 7,289 Thanks
    elisebutt65
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:29 PM
    I have never flown from Birmingham before so I am looking for some advice. We are arriving at 9.30 pm into Birmingham and are staying at the Travelodge in terminal road. I cannot seem to find info on transfer buses. What would be our best option for 3 adults getting to the hotel? TIA
    Originally posted by russetred
    We got an Uber to the airport. Bit far to walk.
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    Student MoneySaving Club member 026! Teacher now and still Moneysaving

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin