Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zoothornrollo
    • By zoothornrollo 3rd Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 248Posts
    • 28Thanks
    zoothornrollo
    Multiple mortgage extension / remortgage applications
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    Multiple mortgage extension / remortgage applications 3rd Oct 17 at 4:14 PM
    We recently applied to extend our borrowing and release some equity on our current mortgage. It was accepted but we didn't go ahead and sign for it in the end because we decided to remortgage instead.
    We want to apply for that soon but we will not draw on the offer until our ERC comes down in January.
    My question is, if we apply for a loan now, but then in the next couple of months a better deal comes out - as they often do towards the end of the quarter - would we be foolish, from a credit rating POV, to make a third application in as many months?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 13,687 Posts
    • 14,156 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    Affordability will be a greater issue than searches, if you take a new loan before the remortgage.

However, your finances may be good enough to support it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,565Posts Today

9,256Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin