Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Finglish2002
    • By Finglish2002 3rd Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Finglish2002
    Cel ccj issued
    • 3rd Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    Cel ccj issued 3rd Oct 17 at 2:47 PM
    Hi all. I have read the newbie section and some other cases.
    We moved to our new address 2 years ago. We thought our second car reg doc had been updated. All driving licences etc have been as has motor insurance and we are registered on the electoral roll since we moved.
    We applied for a new mortgage and got rejected. My wifes report had a CCJ registered in July this year. CEL claims there was an offence late last year. We have no clue where this was let alone who was driving etc. My understanding is that it was our responsibilty to update DVLA which i thought we had done. Is this a carbon copy of raggi's case and do i therefore take the same approach?. Rest assured we have never received any correspondance from CEL and they only offer a payment phone number. Any guidance for the forms we are going to submit to have the CCJ set aside would be appreciated. Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 3rd Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,003 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a new thread before reading the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum.

Go there now to read up on set aside and see the advice there
    Last edited by Quentin; 03-10-2017 at 4:22 PM.
    • Finglish2002
    • By Finglish2002 3rd Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Finglish2002
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    Hi. I did review the newbie section but could find no reference for a long period of not changing address with dvla as per my post
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 3rd Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 3,941 Posts
    • 2,171 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    Lots of information and guidance on set asides towards the bottom of post#2 of the NEWBIES thread - under the heading HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT A CCJ (JUDGMENT FOR CLAIMANT) AND NEED IT SET ASIDE?.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 3rd Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,003 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    Hi. I did review the newbie section but could find no reference for a long period of not changing address with dvla as per my post
    Originally posted by Finglish2002
    Not notifying DVLA looks to be the reason why you never knew a claim was made against you.

If the defendant doesn't contact the court within just 14 days of the claim being served then the claimant can request a default judgment which looks to be what has happened here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin