Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bristolmike
    • By bristolmike 3rd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    bristolmike
    Long term leaks...
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    Long term leaks... 3rd Oct 17 at 1:43 PM
    Hello all,

Discovered today that we've had a slow leak from our hot water tank for probably a very long time. The airing cupboard has had a damp smell since we moved in 3 or 4 years ago but just thought it was condensation. But something fell from the shelf behind the water tank and it has led to the discovery of a puddle at the back (very hard to see due to the position of the tank). We are getting it sorted but it has drawn my attention to a very faint, old looking 20cm x 7cm water mark on the ceiling below - not noticeable unless really looking for it and not wet to the touch. If my fears are correct and this is a long-term thing, I'm guessing I should consider what damage might have been done to the floorboards/joists underneath... Not sure how to go about this or how worried I should be given the relative lack of evidence on the ceiling below. Do you helpful people have any thoughts or advice please?
    Last edited by bristolmike; 03-10-2017 at 1:46 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,051Posts Today

6,941Users online

Martin's Twitter