Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • classix
    • By classix 3rd Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 2Thanks
    classix
    Lidl parking charge
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    Lidl parking charge 3rd Oct 17 at 1:15 PM
    Hi

I went to Lidl last week with my wife who went in store to have a look around. I stayed in the car. She was in store for about 25 mins and didn't buy anything. A week later i got a parking charge for £90!

The old system which i thought still stood was one hour free parking. As i parked up i saw the sign that said customer parking only and thought no problem.

My wife who's first language is not English didn't realise that things had changed.

I went back to the store to have a look and the small print says u have to enter registration number. U also have to actually buy something to get a receipt to scan to be eligible for free parking. So basically u can't just walk out with nothing like my wife did.

I've read the appeals template but is point one valid?
Page 2
    • classix
    • By classix 6th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Success! I managed to get Lidl to cancel the charge. Thanks for all the advice.

Should i contact Athena as i have made no contact with them?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 2:41 PM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    No need for you to contact the ppc

They should contact you to confirm it's been cancelled
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin