Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 3rd Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1,355Posts
    • 1,375Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    Tesco increases
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    Tesco increases 3rd Oct 17 at 12:58 PM
    I've had a Tesco card for a few months to try and boost my credit score. However the small limit of £250 is listed as a negative on my clearscore account.
    Recently Tesco wrote to say they will increase my limit in a few weeks time. However the small print said they might not!
    Anyone know how fast I might work up to a decent limit? Also my new job is better paid, would that impact it?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 14,393 Posts
    • 15,184 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    They are unlikely to ask you for revised income.

Don't worry about the CRA considering it a negative. It's much better than no limit and it won't overly concern lenders.
    • cjv
    • By cjv 5th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    cjv
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    Tesco Foundation card? If so I had mine for 6 months before they increased my limit to £600.

After the increase I applied for another card with Tesco (you can have 2), the new card gave me a £2800 limit. I rang up and closed the foundation card and requested they transfer the credit limit onto the new card.

The result was a nice 0% purchase card with a £3400 limit.

Being accepted for another card will of course depend on your credit history, but good luck if you give it a try.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,273Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter