Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ramboacdc
    • By ramboacdc 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ramboacdc
    Argos Card missing charge?
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    Argos Card missing charge? 3rd Oct 17 at 12:15 PM
    Hi i don't really know which forum to post this in but i was wondering if someone could help?
    on the 12th of september my other half bought a TV that was on sale in store at Argos and paid for it using her Argos card. I recently logged into her account to make the final payment i had on my xbox i bought using it and spotted this cleared the balance and there was no charge for this TV. I checked through every statement we had ever had and there is no issues, this charge for the TV is missing completely and my balance is at 0 and my available credit is exactly the same.

I have had recent payments made after this date hit the account fine but still no charge. Our statement date is the 12th so my only guess is its somehow missed one statement and will go on the october 12th statement, however their website says it takes upto 48 hours for charges to appear and we are now way over 48 hours.

One side of me is like "free tele?" the other is "no that's theft" what are my rights here and if it doesn't appear on the statement do i make the payment i was going to make at the end of the month as usual and start building up credit or do i sit and wait and hope they spot it or should i be good samaritan and contact them and tell them they actually need to charge me?
Page 1
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 3rd Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 1,971 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    Is it possible it's on a buy now pay later deal?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 3rd Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 3,634 Thanks
    DoaM
    The legal position is that they have up to 6 years to spot the non-payment and to chase you for it.

The ethical position is for you (actually your OH, as it is their card) to notify Argos of the missing transaction.

What actually happens is up to you (or Argos if it gets legal).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • ramboacdc
    • By ramboacdc 3rd Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ramboacdc
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    if it was the charge still goes on but no interest hits until you go over their interest free period.
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 3rd Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 1,971 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    It's been a while since I used my card so wasn't sure how it worked. If I remember correctly the app had a separate bit for BNPL items
    • ramboacdc
    • By ramboacdc 3rd Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ramboacdc
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    I dont use the app i use the online statement.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

504Posts Today

3,673Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin