Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • invisibility
    • By invisibility 3rd Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 12Thanks
    invisibility
    Got turned down for First Direct current account - affect on my credit score?
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:59 AM
    Got turned down for First Direct current account - affect on my credit score? 3rd Oct 17 at 10:59 AM
    I wanted to take advantage of the £100 switch offer so applied for a current account and got told no because I have no regular income. The guy on the phone mentioned that it will bring down my credit score.

Can anyone tell me how much it affects my score? I'm 25 and have tried hard to make sure it is good. I've never checked it but have never been in my overdraft, have £16,000 savings and a credit card that I fully pay off every month (I read this helps).

So I'm just a little worried now I guess.
Page 1
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 3rd Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 413 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    Don't be worried. The credit score means nothing and isn't important.
    A credit search will make a tiny impact on your credit history. But, if you're not applying for things constantly, this isn't a huge problem.

Unfortunately, you'll find that pretty much no lender will give you money (or let you bank with them) without a regular income.

Did they perform the search before telling you your income wasn't high enough?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin