Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fruitsalad2001
    • By fruitsalad2001 3rd Oct 17, 10:53 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fruitsalad2001
    0 WOW
    Advice - Flight cancellation & claims (split flights Monarch/Ryanair)
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:53 AM
    0 WOW
    Advice - Flight cancellation & claims (split flights Monarch/Ryanair) 3rd Oct 17 at 10:53 AM
    Hi everyone,

I've not found any other threads similar to this so apologies for any previously questions!
    With the recent announcement of Monarch, I wanted to see if anyone has any advice or previous experience of cancelled flights when you have a trip booked that incorporates multiple airlines.

Booked in August, I have an outgoing flight to Spain with Ryanair (not affected by their cancellations) in November with a return flight via Monarch which is cancelled. We'll try to claim via our bank for the Monarch flight (plus we need to check our Lloyds account travel insurance) but now have a one-way Ryanair flight as their return options are either too pricey or involve stopovers and illogical length of time.

Any advice on what I can do in relation to the Ryanair flight? Can it be cancelled and claimed due to the Monarch flight?

Oh Atol!

Thanks in advance,
    FruitSalad2001
Page 1
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 3rd Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 5,271 Posts
    • 2,021 Thanks
    alanrowell
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    Simple answer - no.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 3rd Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 18,768 Posts
    • 14,481 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    It's very clear in the CAA guidance.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 3rd Oct 17, 11:22 AM
    • 36,208 Posts
    • 153,068 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:22 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:22 AM
    You aren't restricted to coming home with Ryanair, try any other airline.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 3rd Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 888 Thanks
    Westin
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    No. You are experiencing one of the joys of booking split flights without any financial protection or cover.

You either loose the Ryanair ticket if you don't use it, or need to look and purchase an alternative return flight back with another airline.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 3rd Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2,783 Posts
    • 1,850 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    Post your airports and travel dates and somebody in here may be able to help you find options for an inbound flight.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 3rd Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 36,208 Posts
    • 153,068 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 3rd Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    Also worth looking for return flights as they sometimes work out cheaper than singles. If you do this remember to take the outbound or the return will be cancelled.

For Spain it is also worth looking for the cheapest holiday package you can find with the flights you want. No necessity to stay in the accommodation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin