Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 3rd Oct 17, 10:42 AM
    • 3,281Posts
    • 12,238Thanks
    Emzilla
    My name's Emz and I'm rubbish at diaries!
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:42 AM
    My name's Emz and I'm rubbish at diaries! 3rd Oct 17 at 10:42 AM
    Hi everyone

I'm not going to write some long, convoluted post about why I'm rubbish at diaries and keep on checking out of DFW land for ages at a time.

Bottom line: It needs to stop and it needs to stop today. I can't go on like this and must get something done.

So with that in mind, I'm again tackling my electric arrears, which need to be gone ASAP. Ideally by the end of the year, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I can but try though.

The balance is currently £1,592.44. There are 90 days left of this year (), so that means clearing just under £18 a day, plus the additional charges that will be added in that time.

So, simple plan to do this - get as much extra money coming in as possible (including vouchers to help pay for Christmas) and stop as much money going out as possible.

I'll try my best to come on here each day and list the positive steps I've taken towards this goal.

Emz xx
    £10 a day in December - £11.76/£310
Page 3
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 7th Dec 17, 9:30 AM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Just catching up, how awful about your 'friend'. People are strange. I hope you get the written evidence that you've paid.

Well done on the Christmas shopping!
    Originally posted by jwil
    Thanks Jwil

Emz xx
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 7th Dec 17, 10:01 AM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Fragrance gift set purchased. Cheeky Boots have reduced anything costing £50 to £49 so that the extra points don't kick in. So I had to get a pack of towels to bump it up to the £50. I've now got £13.29 worth of points.

Tomorrow is payday, so I'm planning a big Amazon order that will knock 5 presents off my list!!

Emz xx
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 7th Dec 17, 10:07 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Try ebay or argos for the 5 presents i bet there cheaper than the tax dodgers sorry i mean amazon lol x
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £167.28 Survey Earnings YTD £552.88
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 7th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Try ebay or argos for the 5 presents i bet there cheaper than the tax dodgers sorry i mean amazon lol x
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Thanks for that. I was just going to get them all from Amazon, but a quick search on Google came up with a website doing a PS4 game for £10 cheaper than Amazon. All the other stuff isn't cheaper though, but you've saved me a tenner!!

Emz xx
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 7th Dec 17, 3:54 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    badmemory
    Any chance you can pay HER say £100 before the due date, saying you had it then so paying her then while you had it & to expect balance when due & then see if she will confirm receipt of that? £400 is a lot to post through someones door especially when that someone is being an A S S.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 7th Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    • 4,833 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Just read your diary and would strongly urge you to either bank transfer or knock on the door to hand over the cash however awkward it may be to your ex friend and get a receipt for it each month if she insists on cash. It also seems a bit strange that she says first there is no rush to pay you back and then obviously has second thoughts.

Borrowing money from friends usually ends in disaster sadly. Is it only electricity arrears you owe or do you have other debts?
    2 weeks to go until early retirement in December . Debt free and mortgage free.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 7th Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Any chance you can pay HER say £100 before the due date, saying you had it then so paying her then while you had it & to expect balance when due & then see if she will confirm receipt of that? £400 is a lot to post through someones door especially when that someone is being an A S S.
    Originally posted by badmemory
    Hi

Yeah, I did consider that. To be honest though, I'm not really looking forward to going there in the first place. I don't know if she'll be there and if she'll come out and have a go at me or make a scene.

I want to limit contact as much as possible until the debt has been paid and I never have to see or hear from her again.

Emz xx
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 7th Dec 17, 4:34 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Just read your diary and would strongly urge you to either bank transfer or knock on the door to hand over the cash however awkward it may be to your ex friend and get a receipt for it each month if she insists on cash. It also seems a bit strange that she says first there is no rush to pay you back and then obviously has second thoughts.

Borrowing money from friends usually ends in disaster sadly. Is it only electricity arrears you owe or do you have other debts?
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    I know you're right, I just really don't want to see her. I'm going to put the first lot through the door and see what happens. I can't see her not acknowledging it, but if she doesn't, I'll then confront her.

I have got other debts, but they're not priority ones.

Emz xx
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 7th Dec 17, 7:00 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thanks for that. I was just going to get them all from Amazon, but a quick search on Google came up with a website doing a PS4 game for £10 cheaper than Amazon. All the other stuff isn't cheaper though, but you've saved me a tenner!!

Emz xx
    Originally posted by Emzilla
    i am not a fan of amazon can you tell lol Its mainly that amazon aint on top cashback

Theres are always cheaper alternatives out there and cheaper alternatives that dont charge so much for postage.
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £167.28 Survey Earnings YTD £552.88
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 9th Dec 17, 7:23 AM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Felt a bit rubbish yesterday. Stomach issues and I feel like a cold is starting to emerge. I still managed to do my 2-8 shift though. I've got the weekend off and am back Monday, so will try and take it easy.

I'm very impressed with the website I ordered the PS4 game from (shopto.net). I ordered it Thursday lunchtime and received it yesterday!! Very good service and the postage was free.

I placed my Amazon order yesterday and today's plan is to look for an item of clothing for my sister. I'm nearly done with my shopping now . I've got to get a few bits from M&S for my mum, but I redeemed for a £5 voucher from Swagbucks yesterday, which will help. I might see if I can get another during the week as they come through quite quickly, I can then get the stuff when OH gets paid.

We're going out for a meal with some friends tonight, which I could do without if I'm honest, but it will be nice to have a meal out.

Emz xx
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 9th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 14,902 Posts
    • 48,046 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    Emz, am so so so sorry about your friend, money is such an awful thing. One of my friends lent another friend about 5000 and she paid it back but oh boy the friend did not let her forget about.

I am going out tonight, and I don't want to either! Got a stunning headache and feel dreadful but this friend holds grudges cos I get "ill" so much. I mean with migraines but she doesn't really know what one is like. Very annoying.

Obviously I second everyone's point re paying this weirdo in cash. But like you say, it is a bit difficult to do anything else. Really hope she writes back to say she received the money - the exact amount you put in the envelope.

I wouldn't have the balls to make that sort of demand.

Hope you enjoy your evening out XXX
    Saving all the money.............really I am !
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,958 Thanks
    beanielou
    Enjoy your evening Emz & you Buffy.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 10th Dec 17, 1:02 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hope you had a good evening Buffy - and thanks Lou

Well it was an expensive evening. We went for the meal and met up with some other friends for drinks after - £85 spent . Could have done without that expense.

Anyway, I managed to find a skirt for my sister. It was £24, but there was 30% off, so I got it for £16.80.

I'm very nearly done now. I haven't got anything more to order online, so the rest of it can wait for OH's payday this Friday.

Emz xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

1,561Users online

Martin's Twitter