Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Laceygray
    • By Laceygray 3rd Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Laceygray
    Precise mortgage
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    Precise mortgage 3rd Oct 17 at 10:11 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with a buyer who have got their mortgage through Precise.

Its now been 8 weeks since we accepted the buyers offer. They finally got their mortgage offer through precise last wednesday. Their solicitors said lastweek the missives would be concluded on monday. I have phone my lawyer this morning to be told that because theu are using Precise her current lawyer has to wait on papers from the lawyer that precise is using before contracts can be concluded!? Im baffled by this & now wondering how long this process is going to take?
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 3rd Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 42,278 Posts
    • 49,117 Thanks
    G_M
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    Sounds like the normal Scottish process. Nothing to do with using Precise.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 3rd Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 6,042 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    Sounds like the normal Scottish process. Nothing to do with using Precise.
    Originally posted by G_M
    Not quite - the lender appears to be separately represented, which isn't normal (though may be for Precise) so it will take however long it takes Precise's solicitor to complete their due diligence - could be hours, could be days. The buyers aren't likely to conclude missives until the lender's solicitor says they're happy.
    • Laceygray
    • By Laceygray 3rd Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Laceygray
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    So its normal for the buyers to have 2 different lawyers for the purchase of one house?!
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 3rd Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 6,042 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    So its normal for the buyers to have 2 different lawyers for the purchase of one house?!
    Originally posted by Laceygray
    The buyers have one lawyer, their lender has another lawyer. Like I said above, no, it's not normal, but it is fairly common. Doesn't normally add too long to the process as the information they need should already be available, but it's possible they'll pick up on something which the buyers weren't concerned about.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 3rd Oct 17, 12:35 PM
    • 32,366 Posts
    • 17,376 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:35 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:35 PM
    Instead of using a solicitor on the Precise panel, the purchaser has used a different firm.

http://www.precisemortgages.co.uk/ConveyancerPanel

As a result, Precise has its solicitor and the purchaser has theirs.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,124Posts Today

7,687Users online

Martin's Twitter