Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BartyBoy
    • By BartyBoy 3rd Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 399Posts
    • 40Thanks
    BartyBoy
    Post Office Money Platinum Credit Card
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    Post Office Money Platinum Credit Card 3rd Oct 17 at 9:56 AM
    Hello All

I am currently experiencing some issues with my PO Money Platinum credit card. It has come to the point that I need to see my old statements between May and October 2016. I used to receive my statements by post but me trying to be environmental friendly I switched to paperless statements in May 2016.

Anyway, I noticed the oldest statement that I can view on my online account now was the November 2016 one. I was a bit confused here as I thought when PO Money moved their service from their old website to the new one, they have lost my previous statements. I therefore phoned PO Money to query.

I was told by PO Money that the online statements are only available to view for 12 months. After that, the statements will be erased. If I wanted to receive a copy of the old statement, there will be a charge of £5 per each statement. I told PO Money that I was not aware the online statements only stay for 12 months, not permanently. I explained the reason why I switched to paperless was to save the environment, but now it seems that I have dug a hole for myself here.

I was told by the staff from PO Money on the phone that, the 12 months limit was on the T&Cs. I don't recall such rule honestly. And now I switched my paperless statements back to normal statements, there is no sign of saying the paperless statements are only available for 12 months.

I just wonder if any other PO Money credit card holders are aware of this T&Cs at all.

In terms of paperless statements, am I the only one here to think such things would stay available online permanently?

Many thanks, everybody!
Page 1
    • sivs
    • By sivs 3rd Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 225 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    sivs
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    I'm not sure what they say in the T&C however in theory you are saving the company money by them posting them online only.

I would send the a complaint and you never know they might just send you a copy of the statement.
    • BartyBoy
    • By BartyBoy 3rd Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    BartyBoy
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    I'm not sure what they say in the T&C however in theory you are saving the company money by them posting them online only.

I would send the a complaint and you never know they might just send you a copy of the statement.
    Originally posted by sivs
    That was my intention to have the paperless statement – save paper, save the environment and save their hassle to generate + post me the statements... thanks for your message!
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 3rd Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    Just checked my PO credit card account.

Statements visible from Oct 2016, no earlier.

Cannot find any T&Cs with limit.
    • BartyBoy
    • By BartyBoy 3rd Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    BartyBoy
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    Just checked my PO credit card account.

Statements visible from Oct 2016, no earlier.

Cannot find any T&Cs with limit.
    Originally posted by wiseonesomeofthetime
    When did you switch to paperless?

I switched mine in April 2016, it means I have no record of my statements between May and September 2016, unless I pay £25 fee to obtain a paper copy now. I am really not impressed here.
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 3rd Oct 17, 7:42 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:42 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:42 PM
    When did you switch to paperless?

I switched mine in April 2016, it means I have no record of my statements between May and September 2016, unless I pay £25 fee to obtain a paper copy now. I am really not impressed here.
    Originally posted by BartyBoy
    Last paper statement I have is March 2016.

Cannot find any similar T&Cs on my Bank of Ireland backed AA credit card either. Would be similar, however, I kept receiving paper statements until early this year.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 4th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 1,239 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    Rather than paying £5 per statement, send £10, for an SAR and ask for ALL statements, as is your right under the data protection act.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 4th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 7,303 Posts
    • 9,044 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    Is there any way t save statements as a PDF, or just screenshot them and save?

Might avoid future issues.
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 4th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    Is there any way t save statements as a PDF, or just screenshot them and save?

Might avoid future issues.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    Yes.

Select statements from the side bar.

Click on View | Download alongside the statement you wish to save.

The statement will open in a new window.

Top right you should see a downward arrow, next to a printer sign.

Click on the arrow, select where you want to save the file, check file type as PDF and then click save.

Simples.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

6,823Users online

Martin's Twitter