Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bigdreams
    • By Bigdreams 3rd Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 70Thanks
    Bigdreams
    Meeting my targets for this year
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    Meeting my targets for this year 3rd Oct 17 at 9:29 AM
    Every year I set myself targets as to where I would like to be by the end of the year.....

Cc debt
    Savings
    Mortgage
    Hol pot

To be where I would like to be by Dec I need to find another £1995.96 me and OH keep looking at setting up an home business to bro g in those extra pennies. The market we have looked at seems over saturated so think that's a no go as would need a few hundred to even get started with outlay.

Banging my head against a brick wall and I know I need to get more organised with the smaller things too. Coupons not buying what I already have surveys etc.... with Xmas coming too.

In my head im thinking I can do this it's a challenge to find that extra 2k. I love a challenge.

Thanks for listening just putting it as we say pen to paper.
Page 1
    • Bigdreams
    • By Bigdreams 3rd Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Bigdreams
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    Spelling atrocious extra pennies should say. Won't let me edit some reason
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 3rd Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    • 8,009 Posts
    • 41,401 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    Some comments below in red...

Every year I set myself targets as to where I would like to be by the end of the year.....

Cc debt
    Savings Other than a basic emergency fund, having savings while paying off debt is usually not a good idea
    Mortgage
    Hol pot

To be where I would like to be by Dec I need to find another £1995.96 me and OH keep looking at setting up an home business to bro g in those extra pennies. The market we have looked at seems over saturated so think that's a no go as would need a few hundred to even get started with outlay. Either find a different path to take for a business or accept that this is not an option for you at the moment - you can't afford to run this risk of losing money in an effort to make more of it!

Banging my head against a brick wall and I know I need to get more organised with the smaller things too. Coupons not buying what I already have surveys etc.... with Xmas coming too. well there you go - you're answering your own questions here aren't you....tackle the small stuff first and make savings that way!

In my head im thinking I can do this it's a challenge to find that extra 2k. I love a challenge.

Thanks for listening just putting it as we say pen to paper.
    Originally posted by Bigdreams
    I'd suggest putting together an up to date SOA (Statement of affairs) and maybe posting it in here to see if there are further savings that can be made that we might spot. sometimes over time our budgets slip a bit and we lapse back into bad spending habits - even just pinning these down and cutting them out/reverting to where you should be can make a surprising level of savings.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£544.67 (17/10/17)
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 3rd Oct 17, 11:07 AM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 6,489 Thanks
    Ilona
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:07 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:07 AM
    It's alright to dream, but at the end of the day it's reality that counts. Targets need to be achievable, and if your income does not match your outgoings, it aint going to happen. To become better off you need to spend less or earn more, I'm sure you already know that.

It's good that you have done your research and realized that your idea for a business is not a good idea.

The main areas where you can save money are in your day to day living expenses. There is a wealth of information on the Old Style board. As you say, getting organized is the key.

You could start a spending diary, listing every penny that you spend, right down to the coffee in a cardboard cup, or a Mars Bar. Then read the list regularly and you will ask yourself 'why did I buy that?'

Check you are on the cheapest tariffs for your utilities and insurances. Best thing to do is a Statement of Affairs, post it here and everyone can help with suggestions about cutting back.

I think you know what to do, it's about putting a plan into action, and not just dreaming about it. Good luck

Ilona

Cross posted with EH. We speak the same language.

And a second edit, ditch Christmas, you don't have to do it. Really.
    Last edited by Ilona; 03-10-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    I love skip diving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,980Users online

Martin's Twitter