Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cleany
    • By Cleany 3rd Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    • 128Posts
    • 43Thanks
    Cleany
    My experience so far with Free PPI reclaiming tool
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    My experience so far with Free PPI reclaiming tool 3rd Oct 17 at 8:37 AM
    Barclays didn't respond so I pressed the escalate button, then about 2 weeks later I had an email from the Financial Service Ombudsman which started like this:
    We very much hope that you will be able to spare a few minutes to complete our survey. It relates specifically to your complaint 19686817 dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service in September 2017.
    Apparently my complaint has been "dealt" with. How? By sending me a survey.

I completed the survey appropriately.

Is this to be expected? I will wait further for some more promising correspondence, but this does not give me confidence. And just to be clear, I heard nothing from Barclays, and nothing from the Ombudsman until this survey, and nothing since.

Please can anyone with a better experience give me a bit of confidence in the Financial Ombudsman or this process?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 14,380 Posts
    • 15,170 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    Sounds like a simple automated admin error.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 3rd Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 89,880 Posts
    • 56,554 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    Remember that the "reclaiming tool" sends the info to the FOS as if you had done it. The FOS survey system wont know its just a template that was sent in.

but this does not give me confidence.
    This is to be expected when you use the reclaiming tool.

Please can anyone with a better experience give me a bit of confidence in the Financial Ombudsman or this process?
    Most failures we see when people use resolver are because of resolver. Not the FOS. So, I would have more confidence in the FOS.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 18,898 Posts
    • 10,120 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    Barclays didn't respond so I pressed the escalate button, then about 2 weeks later I had an email from the Financial Service Ombudsman just to be clear, I heard nothing from Barclays, and nothing from the Ombudsman
    Originally posted by Cleany
    You appear to be blaming Barclays and the Ombudsman for non - receipt of your complaint E-Mails when it sounds like Resolver is the common denominator in your woes.

It sounds like your whole complaint has gone astray.

You can't officially "escalate" until your complaint has been acknowledged and received by the Bank and eight weeks have passed. Barclays obviously haven't received it if you've received no such acknowledgement

Your problem now is that, even if FOS have your complaint, they will just forward it to Barclays and the whole eight week cycle will begin again.

Instead of chasing E-Mail templates, put your complaint in writing and send it by post to Barclays. Or contact the Ombudsman and ask exactly what they have received via Resolver, you should have a case number to refer to from the E-Mail. If they have your complete complaint, you can ask them to refer it to Barclays.

It's always a risk if you employ any third party (even a "free" one) to make your complaint.
    • Cleany
    • By Cleany 5th Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Cleany
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    Thanks for the help guys :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,533Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter