Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karljt2013
    • By karljt2013 3rd Oct 17, 3:09 AM
    • 73Posts
    • 15Thanks
    karljt2013
    If I pay line rental in advance then move do I have to pay it all again?
    • 3rd Oct 17, 3:09 AM
    If I pay line rental in advance then move do I have to pay it all again? 3rd Oct 17 at 3:09 AM
    I want to take advantage of an 18 month offer with EE which involves paying 18 months line rental in advance. I will be moving at Christmas. Will I have to pay it all over again when I move?
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 3rd Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    • 9,946 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    Depends upon EE t&c .
    But normally you are in contract at X address and are required to pay the balance of the contract . Or if you contact EE they may allow you to move the service without paying off the contract and start a new contract .
    You need to speak to EE see what they offer .
    • Rodders53
    • By Rodders53 3rd Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 424 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    Rodders53
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    I will be moving at Christmas.
    Originally posted by karljt2013
    General: don't commit to a Contract at one address if you know you are moving. Too many reports on here of people who regret doing so.

But check T&C's and if the provider can definitely provide a service at the new address when it may be OK then to take such a deal.

{NB Most Broadband/phone contacts now have inclusive line rental, so check if the deal you are considering works out as cheap. (I know with Talk Talk the line rental in advance plus broadband was much more expensive)
    Do EE do home phone only, without broadband?}
    • karljt2013
    • By karljt2013 8th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    karljt2013
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    General: don't commit to a Contract at one address if you know you are moving. Too many reports on here of people who regret doing so.

But check T&C's and if the provider can definitely provide a service at the new address when it may be OK then to take such a deal.

{NB Most Broadband/phone contacts now have inclusive line rental, so check if the deal you are considering works out as cheap. (I know with Talk Talk the line rental in advance plus broadband was much more expensive)
    Do EE do home phone only, without broadband?}
    Originally posted by Rodders53
    EE have a fantastic deal right now which means 11.75 monthly for 18 months. That offer wont be around at Christmas when I move. I need to get on this deal. EE will offer the service at the new address I am only moving two thirds of a mile.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 8th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 2,587 Posts
    • 18,383 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    If EE are happy to transfer you to your new address then go for it. Make sure you have got that in writing. Either through their Ts&Cs or some other way. Becuase if they they don't transfer your account, then £200+ for 3 months is not a fantastic deal!

• Samantha_EE
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:39 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:39 AM
    Hi karljt2013

I would advise giving our broadband team a call. They can run through paying your line rental in advance. You can find our contact information on this link:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Thanks Sam
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,359Posts Today

7,582Users online

Martin's Twitter